Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International 038

That seems more workable. I like it.

Edited by Angelklaine

Maybe a combination of both. Deliver to wagoneer - wagoneer always waits 1 day before doing the delivery. During that day the delivery can be taken over by players (as described above) and if no players turn up in time, the goods will still be delivered after the 1-day wait.

This ensures that delivery will happen, still gives a chance of players being involved making themselves some money doing it, and still gives incentives of doing deliveries yourself in the first place because of the day inbetween (unless players/deliverers jump in), always making deliveries in person a faster option if so chosen.

(Edit: and if a player took the job but hasn't delivered meanwhile, the wagoneer gets those goods back (magically, literally going after it would probably breed griefing), player who was on the job gets nothing, and the goods get delivered by wagoneer. Gets that big trust-issue out of the way perhaps.)

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 2

i think if we had more npc around the game, there would be more people playing it, it  would give it a more "populated" feel. they don't have to be doing anything at all, just wondering around, offering quests that kind of thing, I only popped up on wurm radar, because it appeared in my facebook feed there was a new update, so while i'm waiting for the warmer weather to arrive down under i'm flip flopping between wurm and a little model building here and there.

More of a tech questions.   Do we have use of the 3 boarders around the wagoner (not the one that the catseyes on of course) .... fence, building, ext.?  Or do we need to leave a whole tile free in between the wagoner and objects built? Can a token be on one of the 4 tiles that the wagoner is place on. Or again, does it need a whole free tile in between?