Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International 038

header.png

Eclipse - Yaga

Hi Everyone!

This week saw a (slightly bumpy) update which will be the last content update before the big one, with the new skill, Valrei overhaul, and a whole bunch of new systems and changes. We'll go into detail with each one over the coming weeks, starting today

But first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Changes and additions

• Corpses of branded animals can only be looted by those people who had ride/lead permissions on that animal prior to it’s death and it’s only ‘protected’ in that manner until server restart.
  • Note:
    • You do not have to be a villager of the animal brand – you just need to have had ride/lead permission prior to the animal dying.
    • People without permission cannot take, open, butcher, bury or move the corpse.
    • This protection is removed with a server restart – at that time the corpse is available to anyone.
  • You may now eat food from locked containers inside buildings if you have May Enter permission for the building and May Open permission for the container.
  • Right clicking on containers with drinkable liquid in them will now give you the drink option.
  • Renamed shelves inside a container will no longer show the shelf item or wood type, just the custom name.
    • Shelves inside containers will now have the owner set to the creator or the last person to pick up/drop the unit instead of the container itself being the owner of the shelving.
  • Adjusted the enchant decay system to work better with actions that are cancelled or end prematurely.
  • Tree collision has been enabled.
  • 3 new tapestries from the 2017 Tapestry Contest  have been added.
    • Tapestry of Mclavin,
    • Tapestry of Ehizellbob,
    • Tapestry of Evening,
  • Lady Fighting Anaconda HoTA statue has been added back into the mix after its bumpy debut in May 2017.

Creature movement changes (Celebration only)

• Creatures should no longer pile up on the edges of water

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix: Fix for ‘cursed’ HoTA statues with RGB of 0 0 0.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed some messaging and text errors.
  • Bugfix:  Burnable items that degrade ql instead of damage should now properly fuel lit items.
  • Bugfix:  Removed the hedge and flowerbed options from the crafting menu when inside a mine.
  • Bugfix:  You will no longer gain life from Life Transfer when the damage is nullified by the creature.

Client Updates

• General fixes and stability improvements.
  • A display brightness slider has been added to the client settings under the graphics tab.
  • Fixed invisible tile decorations (grass, crops etc).
  •  Added color coding of damage in inventories (yellow/orange for 0-20 damage and red for 20+ damage) as well as option in settings to toggle this feature.
  • Archery keybinds have been corrected:
    • SHOOT
    • SHOOT_LEGS
    • SHOOT_TORSO
    • SHOOT_FACE
    • SHOOT_HEAD
    • SHOOT_RIGHTARM
    • SHOOT_LEFTARM

The wagoner!
The introduction of the highway system was part 1, with part 2, we introduce the wagoner! 

wagoner.png

Remember this hidden person?

The wagoner provides a way of sending bulk items (e.g. bricks, etc) to a particular deed in a semi-automated way.  Deliveries may be pre-paid or CoD.  A maximum of 20 large crates may be sent in a single delivery, and transport runs between deeds.

Wagoners operate a special wagon for their deliveries.  When making a delivery, the wagoner will load his/her wagon, and drive it from the origin to the destination, unload the goods, before returning to his/her home deed.  Wagoners use the new highway system to navigate, so the origin and destination need to be connected to the same highway network.

The wagoner will be available via a contract sold on traders as well as public ones at starter deeds. They may be set to charge a small fee per crate delivered, or free use.

Mine door showcase
We've teased the gold and steel mine doors, but today we reveal all four of the new ones! 

doors.jpg

The rock one will remain the same to blend in of course, sometimes standing out isn't in your best interests.

Community Content - Official Discord
As discord becomes more and more popular, there's been a few questions about getting an official discord up and running, and today we launch it! 

Discord is a text and voice chat system that can be used on mobile, in a browser, or on a desktop client. It's a great way of connecting and getting to know your fellow Wurmians out of the game so jump in and try it out today (we may even include some giveaways!)

https://discord.gg/TTr9KPm

Simply follow this link, sign up if you haven't used Discord before, and get started!

There's more to come before the next update, We'll be catching up with the guys from Factional Fight and we'll be revealing all the details about the new skill in a special video starring myself and Budda! I know you're all as keen as I am for that, so keep your eyes peeled!

Until then though, keep on wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 24

hah that wagoner could come in handy, first I was looking at the date thinking it must be 1st of april already.

• Like 1

I'm generally thrilled by Wurm updates, but I hope we're not moving towards NPCs all over the place. 

• Like 3

I am guessing that the wagoner will show up at market  or central deeds and others will travel to those rather than buy one for themselves.

will we see those wagoners making their way about, or will they just magicly make the crates swoosh across the continent ?

• Like 2

Great stuff, what will be the best slope to show off the minedoor graphics?

Wow way to steal my idea! :angry: 

Just kidding, I can't wait for this, I think it will be very nice.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Wagoners use the new highway system to navigate, so the origin and destination need to be connected to the same highway network.

Heh, no *new highway systems* around my deed nor any plans to create them due to needing to destroy buildings, having unprotected mob entry and little real benefit from the work done; thus, those Wagoners will have to find a new route somewhere.

47 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The wagoner will be available via a contract sold on traders as well as public ones at starter deeds

Then add in the RL dollar cost (silver) to purchase this item and the aversion is further enhanced. Not that I have any interest in shipping items to sell to others anyway but for those that do it might be a good idea to consider the fact that some won't build these *new highway systems* or even allow them to be built close to their deeds. As I had stated previously this *highway system* is too restrictive for it's intended benefits. Not the best concept employed for it nor going forward along these lines.

53 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We've teased the gold and steel mine doors, but today we reveal all four of the new ones!

In contrast, excellent artwork on these mine doors! I am guessing that the second one is Silver as they haven't been labeled. That is the beauty that I will be looking forward to viewing as I already have several built.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I feel the wagoner is a great idea - I really hope we will see them rolling on the roads. Another option for those who are willing to make trade routes, I also like it is tied to highways - it is a way to opt in our out for deeds.

• Like 1

I love the new mine doors , would be nice if you had same for house/building single and double doors ..

• Like 2

crazy stuff!  everyone get highway on your deed today! whaha   

what would be price for that wagoner contact aprox.  i belive if higer then 10s that would be stupid. becose nobody will buy it and who will have it will have no use

1 hour ago, Ascorbic said:

I am guessing that the wagoner will show up at market  or central deeds and others will travel to those rather than buy one for themselves.

well if responsible price (no more then 10s) all Xanadu markets will got em for sure at every starter deed.

Well, as a priest who doesn't bulk items and doesn't have (nor want XD) a highway up to his home?  The wagoneer isn't going to do anything for me.

Funny then that I think it's actually a damn good idea.

Nice update; still not going to reprem (no point yet...) but definitely going to play a little more.

7 minutes ago, Sila said:

crazy stuff!  everyone get highway on your deed today! whaha   

what would be price for that wagoner contact aprox.  i belive if higer then 10s that would be stupid. becose nobody will buy it and who will have it will have no use

It's 5s at the moment in the WU source, but obviously they could change that before release.

54 minutes ago, Ayes said:

In contrast, excellent artwork on these mine doors! I am guessing that the second one is Silver as they haven't been labeled.

That is the beauty that I will be looking forward to viewing as I already have several built.

Same here, the silver one definatelly :)

• Like 1

>going the lazy npc route

>not just going the EVE contract route

wtf are you guys doing

• Like 1

I really like the mine door models - first I was a bit surprised on the mansion gate themed wooden one but after all many of us are already living underground.

LOVE the wagoners! More motivation to get these highways finished! :)

• Like 2