Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Give bridges destroy option like a house

We recently ran into an issue where someone made a bridge on his perim.  He made the bridge and it is his deed with his perim.  The bridge is not connected to a house as it is in perim.  In replanning deed he wanted to move the bridge...and there is no way to quickly destroy it.  Battering ram does not work on bridges.  Catapults only hits bottom 6 and top two tiles not in the middle.  Mauls give .5 damage every 50 seconds for 28 tiles of double stone bridge...it takes days and days of bashing.

Long story short:  Please allow bridges to be destroyed like a house with a writ or via manage options...where bridges are added and has a destroy button to use in case it is not connected to a house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Catapults need to be fixed so they work on bridges.

I agree. We are watching rock shards fly straight through the bridge sections and do 0 damage. All of the support sections are gone so there are just floating abutments. 

• Like 1

There is a bug open for the cata issues, I'm waiting very eagerly on the fix too as there are quite a few bridges blocking to finish my plans.

• Like 1

+1.  I have a few bridges that I'd love to redo in the new materials but no way I'm going to go through all that hassle to get rid of the old ones.

• Like 1

Could also bring some realism into this and make the bridge collapse if supports are destroyed...
/me takes shelter from thrown rocks

Just make possible to puff bridge not connected to a house.

Next to "rename" option (available for creator) would be "destroy" option with 1-2 confirmation windows.

Outside of deed - builder option only.

On deed - builder and mayor option only.

We already can destroy houses, that can take tons of mats to create, and thus bridges connected to those houses, in blink of an eye. That's just in case someone mention about griefing.