Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Permanently prune hedges

I have maple hedges as pens because I love the bright green of maple hedges. However, I'd also love to be able to see over them. Camellia hedges are an ugly dull green by comparison, and they're the only ones that stop growing at medium height. I have hundreds of hedges, and pruning each one every week to keep them at medium height wouldn't be practical. It would be great if there could be an option to permanently prune a hedge. Maybe with a glowing hot sickle could give the options 'prune' or 'permanently prune'. Permanently prune would prune the hedge and not allow it to grow back ever.

• Like 1

yes, and a permanently repair too, im tired of fixing things up.

1 hour ago, Rathgar said:

yes, and a permanently repair too, im tired of fixing things up.

Lets also have lamps work forever on our deeds, tired of filling them with tar... Oh wait....

Anywho, +1ish to op. I would rather have a system where if you want them to grow, you water them every now and then, and stop watering them when you reach your prefered height. Then pruning could bring it down. Fences already last forever on deed and take no maintenance. Hedges off deed could be "tended" to remove damage (if you plan to make them working like fences)

Make it a spell, and I will like it.  Or make it like enchanted grass(enchanted hedge)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Attenia said:

Maybe with a glowing hot sickle could give the options 'prune' or 'permanently prune'. Permanently prune would prune the hedge and not allow it to grow back ever.

This would be a nice option to have but *only* on deeds or all the "nice" people would go around off deeds permanently pruning them down so everyone could see better. This glowing sickle thing too, not some priest only elite spell.

=Ayes=

Instead, why not choose the height of the hedge at creation. "Plant Short Hedge" (lavender height) "Plant Medium Hedge" "Plant Tall Hedge"

• Like 1

+1

Would like to use lowest hedges instead of rock curb in some places

9 hours ago, Ascorbic said:

Make it a spell, and I will like it.  Or make it like enchanted grass(enchanted hedge)