Sign in to follow this  
Araninke

Deed Expanding Over Waystone Does Not Update Signs

Not sure if this is reported before, or even a bug, but was recommended in help chat that I post just in case. My situation was having a line of catseyes leading to a waystone, with another line of catseyes leading to a waystone in deed perimeter. Deed name was not showing on Waystones, so I expanded deed over the perim waystone. Was still not showing deed name until I replaced it with a waystone and then again replaced it with the waystone.

Btw, this was all sparked because I have a fenced in deed, right at the border between deed edge and perimeter. Can't trail catseyes through a wall, so placed waystone in next available tile corner in perimeter. That didn't work to show the deed name on waystone signs. Nor did expanding deed by one tile. Had to expand two tiles, i.e. waystone was at least one tile corner in on actual deed, for signs to update. But even then it required the removal and replacement of the waystone.

Hope that all makes sense. Disregard if already known...

I think it needs the tile that owns the corner (remember each tile owns it's NW corner) 

Also, if it was completely covered, how long did you wait? In order to reduce server load, it's not always checking if its on deed, simply checks every now and then to see if it needs updating.

One tile in should be more than enough for it to connect the deed to the network, I have had a few waystones get bugged and best to just swap it out with a fresh waystone. Depending on where the NW corner lies you may be able to get away with outside tile corner as well. On my main deed due to a gatehouse I offset the waystone to the side and brought it one tile in.

I did a quick test on the test server and it seems that the waystone will be 'located' on the SE tile, at least that's what my two tests have shown.  

To be safe, I recommend having all 4 tiles which make up the tile corner be deed tiles.  This way there is no question about the location of the waystone.

The image below shows that each of my tests had the waystone located on the SE tile.  This left the one waystone registering as ON DEED while the other one registered as Perimeter.

Spoiler

eMmLEBB.jpg

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I think it needs the tile that owns the corner (remember each tile owns it's NW corner) 

Also, if it was completely covered, how long did you wait? In order to reduce server load, it's not always checking if its on deed, simply checks every now and then to see if it needs updating.

I'd have to double-check, but I think that's where the waystone was located, i.e NW corner, one tile onto deed. Admittedly I didn't wait too long because I thought it was an auto thing. I tried on corner between deed and perim and nothing happened. So expanded deed out a tile and still nothing happened. Tried replacing waystone with catseye, then replaced back waystone and still nothing happened. Perhaps I just didn't wait long enough?

On 9/29/2017 at 5:43 PM, Alectrys said:

I did a quick test on the test server and it seems that the waystone will be 'located' on the SE tile, at least that's what my two tests have shown.  

To be safe, I recommend having all 4 tiles which make up the tile corner be deed tiles.  This way there is no question about the location of the waystone.

The image below shows that each of my tests had the waystone located on the SE tile.  This left the one waystone registering as ON DEED while the other one registered as Perimeter.

Reveal hidden contents

eMmLEBB.jpg

My experience live on Xanadu corroborates this hypothesis. If your highway heads south from your deed make sure the tile south of the waystone is deed and not perimeter.