Sign in to follow this  
Xagru

Dragon Fang western trail

If you want to get peak of Dragon Fang or get achievements ('Mountain Goat' and 'On the Way to the Moon'), or just for your own satisfaction and wunderfull view, you can use new western mountain trail. We give (me and my friend Teeebomb) you for public using mountain hut, where you can use fsb, larder, oven and bed, all for free (if you want to repay you, thank you in advance), leave safely your vehicle or horse.

The first part of the trail leads through the forest. That part is paved by gravel. After that is first safe spot is a cave. After that u can climb using fence ladder to second cave safe spot. Dont use fence above second cave! From the second cave you will need sandwiches and/or wine.

To get to the public mountain hut you need to use Green Ring Express tunnel. Hat is on a left from exit.

To commemorate you can bet gravestone. There are already two. ;)

The mailbox is w/o spell, so if someone wants to activate it, it will be an additional convenience for others absentminded Dragonfangers.

If you have any idea or questions, just share here or PM in Wurm.

My Dragon Fang Alboom

Good luck :)

• Like 12

That view! But there's a disturbing curvature to the horizon at that height. You'd almost think that Wurm isn't flat ...

• Like 3

Wurm islands are big Rome style pizzas floating on water for some strange reason of the mighty Wogic... You will face the wrath of The Three if you question the Truth! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gwyn said:

That view! But there's a disturbing curvature to the horizon at that height. You'd almost think that Wurm isn't flat ...

Heretic!  *grabs torch and pitchfork*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vannin said:

Heretic!  *grabs torch and pitchfork*

Would you please share the recipe to create that pitchfork? I might need shout exploit if I don't have it...

@Xagrusorry for derailing the topic - thanks for the info I feel the need to finally do that climb.

• Like 1

Great post. Glad to help you all 'climbers'. Not being a climber myself. I was very glad to find my deed in ur Alboom. Thanks tons Xagru :-)

O38ky1V.jpg

Lol fun .. great views.

• Like 3

Hello, i am trying to climb it with Thunderstruck :) If you can add me to the house

40 sandwiches worth of climbing. God bless "[17:57:09] You have received 100 karma for 'Climb up a really really high mountain'."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

40 sandwiches worth of climbing. God bless "[17:57:09] You have received 100 karma for 'Climb up a really really high mountain'."

Gratz o/

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, Wulfgarr said:

If you can add me to the house

It is public house up there, you should be good to go to enter up there. Good luck! ...unless you already went up. In that case, gratz  \o/ !!

• Like 1

50 sandwiches can be enough in 1 way. 100 for top and back. Good to leave some sandwiches in hat, where is camp. In a case. In a case. Maybe u will want to go back to slope for ur staff in corpse. Just in a case. Some mobs could wish to play with u on a slope.

• Like 1

Just did the climb as a sherpa. Goat shape is amazing, only 1 high ql sandwich did the trick on the way up (okay I'm cheating, did it on my Mag priest who is high enough on Path of Power).

Now waiting for food bar to go down a bit to do the ride down :D

Here is the heroine who did the climb with me (fake selfie in the sunrise):

vSLoNJt.jpg

I was not planning to go up but there was a troll on the Fang and she had no armour with her...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

I was surprised that with a 96 power goat shape on me I did not need any sammies to climb down. Can traverse distance between safe mines.

BTW a warning - the topmost three wooden fences (right below the peak) did not work for me - when I approached them I seemed to be able to climb above them and game simply reconnected under me. So maybe better not try to use them.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Zaj thanks a lot for helped Mittyke. She did it! :)
"You have received 100 karma for 'Climb up a really really high mountain'."
 <Mittyke> [01:12:56] This is within the village of Dragon's Fang.

The sunrise was wonderful.

GGa7GKz.jpg

Edited by Annyil
  • Like 2

Can anyone give me any idea how long the climb actually took? And why sandwiches are say better then pizza?

If you are doing it for personal goal there is another place that  can ride up for it Mount Himmelsp off Great South  Mountain road      33X 50 were Rift was few weeks back ...

That's were I got it for me ..

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

there is another place that  can ride up for it

Dang, I have been there! Maybe I have that achievement. sort of cheating tho, since u can ride a horse the entire way... Oh, I see, that is for personal goals. I don't have that one then. Got it. (Still seems like cheating, lol)

Edited by TeeeBOMB

@ Damascus - NO THIS HAS BEEN DEBUNKED _ we tried it and it did not work.

• Like 1

I got it on a alt for the rift that was there , I even showed it in chat at the time ..

Teeboom was in local cutting down the trees up top .

@ Damascus can you post a screenie of what exactly you got ? :)

one of the lesser goals may work there but "Climb a very very high mountain" definitely does not. We also didnt get " Thin Air " achievement there either.

Edited by Goldfinch

I will need to go look up logs , will try..

Computers and I don't agree most times.  .. ?

100 karma for Climb up a mountain ..

Like I said computer and I don't get along .. I am sure that's what is needed  if not  oops!  ...

I think "Climb up a really really high mountain" is a generic name for the category of achievements, hover your mouse over that goal will reveal the exact achievement.

Mine is "On the way to the Moon" which is kind of the hardest, and I will probably need to climb Dragon Fang. The rift mountain you mentioned only gives "Mountain Goat" achievement (already somewhere near one end of the mine entrance much down below) if I remember. Climbing the 280x slope tower on top of that mountain does not even give the next achievement "Thin Air", so it is not helpful for someone with "On the way to the Moon" goal (like me).