Sign in to follow this  
Scottfree2

Its not easy being an NPC

You just made my day! i haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evening said:

You just made my day! i haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

+ 100000000

I can't handle these videos. They remind me of all those years I spent in various MMO's. Thank you so much for this (and the laughs)! :D 

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 1

Series is still going, and i think this one is worthy of a necro..  . Its kinda deep tho :)

• Like 5

Thank you for these!  I love these guys.  I enjoyed these so much that I went to their page and ended up binge watching the whole series of Epic NPC Man yesterday and for good measure watched the series on the PUBattlegrounds even though I usually have no interest in that kind of game.  Just because they're so funny.  lol.

This one really hit my funny bone. :)

• Like 3

Glad u folks enjoyed em ..

in a side note the series is filmed at Howick Pioneer Village, which is just down the road from where i live ...

https://fencible.org.nz/en/

History wise some of the buildings there are almost as old as buildings in New Zealand get, our oldest existing (European style) building dates back to 1820 ish, ...  Otherwise u are in Maori  ways of building with wood, which doesnt stand the test of time well.

I should note that the Maori would have passionate Wurm players had they the chance, as they were very much into large scale land reshaping, in the form of terraced hills where they built fortified villages for defence .. what they could do w digging sticks beggars belief.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Tree_Hill_(New_Zealand)

PS, the word "fencible"  referrs to "Defencible" houses, ie somewhat fortified houses built by settlers at a time when Maori attacks were feared.

Edited by Scottfree2
  • Like 3

New Zealand is on my bucket list for places to visit.    And speaking of Maori, have you seen the movie Whale Rider?  It's one of my favs I keep in my dvd library to watch now & again.  No idea how much accuracy is in it but it's a great movie anyway.   :)

4 hours ago, Amadee said:

New Zealand is on my bucket list for places to visit.    And speaking of Maori, have you seen the movie Whale Rider?  It's one of my favs I keep in my dvd library to watch now & again.  No idea how much accuracy is in it but it's a great movie anyway.   :)

Yes ive seen it a time or two, most enjoyable

... afaik there is little reality to the whale part, except perhaps that various species of whales do beach themselves here fairly regularly ....  the insight into Maori tribal life is fairly close i'd say ... also one of the Maori origin tales tells of Paikea who rode from the Cook islands to NZ on the back of a whale, but sadly sightings of happy Maori riding on the backs of whales are non existent. :)

The closest u will likely come is to see the Sperm Whales  swimming off Kaikoura in the South island.

https://www.whalewatch.co.nz/

Edited by Scottfree2
  • Like 1

Nice day for fishin' ain't it hu ha

Thank you for necroing this, is so worth it, and so made me laugh again!!

• Like 2

Named our deed Honeywood for a reason!

• Like 3

New one. This one gave me a chuckle.  Reminded me of UO back in the day except it was players that were being pickpocketed.  :)

• Like 4

Just a few ideas for Rolf to consider in light of the difficulties with Uniques  :)

• Like 6

Yeah, the reason I made a separate thread for the new DnD series is because it's them actually playing the table top game in a 9 part series, and not a funny skit like the Epic NPC Man series and I didn't want to derail this thread. Even though they use the characters from Epic NPC Man, they're actually playing the game as themselves.  :)

Edited by Amadee

From back in July but I like to re-watch sometimes and this one really hit my funny bone this morning.  :)

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:07 AM, Scottfree2 said:

I should note that the Maori would have passionate Wurm players had they the chance, as they were very much into large scale land reshaping, in the form of terraced hills where they built fortified villages for defence .. what they could do w digging sticks beggars belief.

I actually knew about this already because I watched an interesting video about a battle between a colonial British battalion armed with heavy artillery vs a few hundred Maori.