Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Improve moon metals with steel

As the title states, I'm looking for a way to improve adamantine, glimmer, and seryll items using steel. I'm not sure if this will prove to be an obscure db setting or whether it needs a mod. Any help would be very appreciated.

• Like 1

You would need a mod for it. If you want moon metal easily obtainable to improve you could just use the moon metal mining mod and bump up drop chance in config.

Another option or much easier to mod in would make moonmetal lumps craftable with same mechanics as steel. 

Edited by Jerone0601

Yes....the other option is to use the mod to remove the quantity cap and go from there. 

I'm not quite sure if I understood your 2nd suggestion.......do you mean creating new moonmetal somehow? 

Basically the idea is to make the find of a moonmetal vein at least useful - at the 50 cap it isn't quite a set of plate......and then is worthless until imped. What I'm after is making it useful without flooding the server with it. Hence imping with steel.

Unrestricted veins would probably work as well though as they would be varied by ql, and mining skill, so it would just be a question of getting the distribution right.

The second option he was referring to was making moon metals "craftable" much like steel is made with iron and charcoal. Example, you could use steel and source salt to create addamantite. Just one option

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Governor said:

The second option he was referring to was making moon metals "craftable" much like steel is made with iron and charcoal. Example, you could use steel and source salt to create addamantite. Just one option

Unfortunately doing that would flood the available amount and reduce the value. Basically a single vein capped at 50 hits *nearly* makes a full set of unimped plate which isn't very useful. However if you can imp it with steel using both earned skill in metallurgy & smithing it produces a limited amount of, but still useful product. The same is true for weapons.