Sign in to follow this  
Ehizellbob

make weather effects optional

I've seen a lot of posts regarding the weather in Wurm recently, but personally I'd just like to see weather effects, the snow and rain falling animation be made optional. I'm not sure why this isn't already optional as I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers FPS drops, especially when travelling by cart or wagon. In fact, on my old pc I never left the deed when it was raining or snowing because the machine was old and slow at the best of times and couldn't cope with the added animation. But, back to the present day, it still causes a FPS drop even on my new machine that runs the game perfectly, and myself and a few friends have mentioned it'd just be nice to have it be able to be disabled at times.

(I guess this would also make people who don't like their bedrooms to be snowy happy too)

• Like 1

idy0vQe.png

These options not cover the effects?

Edited by JakeRivers

Not that I've ever noticed, I used to play with everything turned off... I'll have to check that next time it's raining. If anything, it's under particles and effects

Nope, not included as something turned off in any of those options above. Currently raining with all those turned off to test it 

+1 for more weather options. I'd also love to see a night/day option that can get rid of night, or at least adjust the brightness so you can still see properly at night.