Sign in to follow this  
Middi

Buying Premium Time for Other Players

It's irritating to have to find referrals or ingame coin when gifting premium to toons you don't own, sometimes you just want to tip your wallet out instead, it's just a missed opportunity for revenue imo. 

• Like 2

+1   Years back in my original town on chaos I did first time prem for members of my village that showed great potential and helped around the deed... had to give then 10s coins though.  

It would be awesome if we could just purchase gift prem directly from the shop :)

This has been something raised, and has been discussed a few times, one concern is how to handle chargebacks and the like

It's certainly something that we know is desired, and will spend more time seeing what we can come up with

• Like 2

Make the premium a coin or special item that can be sent via mail or traded in game.  Have it bought off the wurm online store like current silver or premium.  This way all the current pay options can be used for it as well. 

Getting handed a friend contract or a hug rug with 30 days time would be the world to someone vs game time updating. ;) Rp and all. 

Just imagine the fun with some type of ingame redeemable item for 10, 20, or even 30 days of premium.  New player give-aways and Impalong prizes anyone?

And handle charge backs the usual way.. anyone charging back the wurm store is banned, simple.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 4

Yea I didn't mention that, but nomad hit it home.  Keep it in house and charge backs won't be an issue. +1 for smaller increments too if possible.

13 minutes ago, Brew said:

Yea I didn't mention that, but nomad hit it home.  Keep it in house and charge backs won't be an issue. +1 for smaller increments too if possible.

If you were going to do anything smaller than 1 month.  I recommend this:

There's no real point in having a premium that is shorter than 1 month.  If you allowed premium "week" passes or day passes.  It would lower the overall revenue to wurm, at least with my suggestion anything less than a full month of premium would at least require a person to be premium to take advantage of.

The less than amonth premium argument works both ways. People may prem alts for specific purposes for less than a month, wich is less revenue for the game, but at the same time, people who would normally keep alts as froobs (me for example) may purchase premium for alts to do specific tasks.

Either way, +1 for the original OP.  If the premum comes in the shape of a tradeable item, all the better.

• Like 1

I only +1 for prem time transfered directly from the shop to a toon and not something that can be converted to ig cash.

For me personally it would save time and loads of clicks if I could purchase prem for several of my toons in one transaction also.

Like at least for the toons I have on same  mail.

How's that whole payment something something a guy was hire to do? That involves the shop, right?

He was assigned like last year same time as Rolf stepped back.

Retro can you give some sort of briefing on that work?

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 8:20 AM, Retrograde said:

This has been something raised, and has been discussed a few times, one concern is how to handle chargebacks and the like

It's certainly something that we know is desired, and will spend more time seeing what we can come up with

What you can do for the charge-back issue, is allow a premium player to buy a gift of premium which will be given to them in game as an item.  Its a none drop and they can type in the name, like a referral.  If there is a charge-back that account is banned.