Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Birds in Wurm

It'd be great to have some more tameable birds in Wurm! I'd particularly love to see the following:

Phoenixes

Lair Sunstone, appears high on mountains, tame phoenixes have the chance to randomly heal minor wounds

Flamingos

Lair Flamingo Hideout, feathers make hats

Doves

Lair Dove Perch, tame doves can carry small items to players like a mailbox, without charge but light things only. I'd particularly love to see them carry and deliver sleep powder.

Ducks

Lair Duck Pond (appear in water)

Swans

Lair Swan Lake (appear in water)

It would be great if these birds could fly, but it the programming would be difficult to that, earthbound like pheasants and chickens would be great too. If they can fly, anyone keeping them as pets would need to keep them in a house with a roof rather than just a fence pen to stop them flying away.

For breeding, you can breed them by taming and leading like any other animal, but if the breeding is successful, an egg is produced immediately, that can be examined and seen to hatch in 6 days, etc.

Edited by Attenia
  • Like 1

no most of these don't even fit wurm and i dont think more content should be added so someone can have a larger zoo

• Like 2

Gotta make dragons and eagle/drake spirits fly properly before we look at more birds I think.

5 minutes ago, Budda said:

Gotta make dragons and eagle/drake spirits fly properly before we look at more birds I think.

Flying dragons would be awesome :)

Earthbound birds like the ones we have would also be good, though. I really want a pet phoenix...

Birds that fly and could only be hunted via archery would be great, though. Give that skill a boost in PvE.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Birds that fly and could only be hunted via archery would be great, though. Give that skill a boost in PvE.

As long as they can still be tamed, bred and penned :)

1 hour ago, Darmalus said:

Archery is already very useful in pve, especially vs trolls.  Having flying birds that can only be killed by archery though? That just hurts the animal caps which is no good since i doubt most people want to stop and start shooting a flying bird and lose their arrows.  The birds we already have are all useless other than hens, which are debatable since we can forage eggs or whatever now, and already take up too much of the animal cap.  There was a creature search/post a while ago, showed elevation, the main epic pvp server (where people need to hunt to grow stronger) was clogged with hens taking up slots that much better animals like wild horses could be taking

43 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Archery is already very useful in pve, especially vs trolls.  Having flying birds that can only be killed by archery though? That just hurts the animal caps which is no good since i doubt most people want to stop and start shooting a flying bird and lose their arrows.  The birds we already have are all useless other than hens, which are debatable since we can forage eggs or whatever now, and already take up too much of the animal cap.  There was a creature search/post a while ago, showed elevation, the main epic pvp server (where people need to hunt to grow stronger) was clogged with hens taking up slots that much better animals like wild horses could be taking

Longbows are useful against trolls, if you spot them at long range. Otherwise its club to the face, which is 99% of troll encounters.

On a side note, having ALL animals until the same cap seems like a foolish design decision. Better to have a troll cap, cow cap, goblin cap, etc.

On 24.9.2017. at 0:59 AM, MrGARY said:

Not if they give some unique reward like feathers and such and also there can be different cap for birds...

+1 for regular birds that fit the wurm enviroment (aka, no tropical birds)

Maybe a non violent way to capture them, like fishing, but instead of a fishing rod, you use a trap with seeds as bait.  That way it wouldnt affect the animal cap, since they wouldnt exist in the world untill a player captures it.  We already have bird sprites flying around, they could mark places where theres a higher chance for trapping them.  Just throwing out ideas.

• Like 1

At least add some more birds instead of that one black one that fly's around the game everywhere.  Looks like a flying V.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

Personally I'd say "Yes" to ducks, I mean we can already HEAR them near water, would be nice for them to be something besides just disembodied voices like they are now.

2 hours ago, Cadh20000 said:

Personally I'd say "Yes" to ducks, I mean we can already HEAR them near water, would be nice for them to be something besides just disembodied voices like they are now.

this!!!

we can hear them all the time so why not.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 0:56 AM, ozmods said:

this!!!

we can hear them all the time so why not.

I say if we get ducks, should also get owls for the same reason... be able to see them sitting up in trees :)

• Like 2

On 9/23/2017 at 2:24 PM, MrGARY said:

no most of these don't even fit wurm and i dont think more content should be added so someone can have a larger zoo

We have orange trees in a northern climate, so how can you say some of these birds don't fit Wurm?  There are others, myself included, that have been asking for more types of birds for quite a while.  I myself would rather have a dove in my birdcage over a chicken.  We hear all sorts of birds, makes sense we should also see them and be able to capture or tame them.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

can we call them burds? 

No, perhaps you havent heard, but bird has been the word for long time, as shown in this documentary..