Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Gathering Skills Change: Normal, Aggressive and Precision

Normal: What we now do today, for mining, chopping down trees, digging.

Aggressive: Faster actions, Less skill gain, Higher chance for lower QL results, for mining ore veins, each hit drops the vein by 3, but only produces 1 shard.

Precision: Slower actions, More skill gain, Higher chance for higher QL results (up to your max skill level).

Skill gains from Aggressive and Precision become a fixed amount per action (dropping the old skill formula).  Higher QL tools ONLY affect the speed and QL results.  QL results are capped at tool QL +10, but can be exceeded with potions & runes.  This will also have the benefit of providing lower QL mats on demand.  Seems to me, if I am highly skilled at WC, I ought to be able to intentionally produce low QL results.

I really want to see the invers connection of tool QL and skill gain eliminated, but with this system, we keep Normal for those that prefer Wogic and give the option of Aggressive and Precision to those that prefer Logic.  Obviously, there must remain a balance.  Precision should not be any faster than what someone would do using Normal, targeting the appropriate vein type and using the appropriately low QL pick (for example).

Normal, Aggressive and Precision can be a mini bar that appears when appropriate tools are equipped.