header.png

Church - Stormblade

Hi Everyone! 

We've covered a few upcoming features in the next patch over the past few weeks, so it's time to get ready! The next update will come out on the 28th, and include tree collisions, branding protection on corpses, and the new tapestries!

There's also another thing coming, which is a small change to how eating in houses works.

Eating out

In order to make it easier for providing food at events and such, players will be able to eat foods from locked containers as long as they have the may open permission, and the may enter building permission.

With these sittings the foods themselves cannot be taken out of the container, and does not need the ability to pick up items, meaning no risk of sticky fingers (except from the food!)

Big update coming

This update will be the last content update before the major one, including the new Valrei system, new skill, and a few more surprises. We have no firm date on that yet, but will begin revealing and discussing what this major update will entail over the coming weeks. I hate to use the old "Soontm" but it'll have to do!

WU beta
All WU-ers have been patiently waiting (some not so patiently) for the next WU update, and I can confirm it will be coming to beta in the next week or so (pending any major issues). We'll have it up as a beta for a little while as usual before going live, hopefully early October for that one!

Community Content

This weeks community content is the culmination (or maybe just a continuation?) of a descent into madness, with the Fire and Sand alliance (formerly known as the Empire of Mol-Rehan of Chaos) hosting an impalong at Magranons Rest, the ginormous underground construction by Nadroj and Co.

The impalong will have lots of events, a live auction (I love those!) and a few "accidental" deaths I'm sure.

It runs form the 20th to the 22nd of October, so make sure to save the dates in your calendar!

That's it from us for this week, I'll be back next week with some news and info on what's coming in the big update. and we'll begin organising public testing of a few parts of it, until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 21

Come on! Give us a little hint on the upcoming skill. Pretty please?  We have cookies!

• Like 2

Just now, PandyLynn said:

Come on! Give us a little hint on the upcoming skill. Pretty please?  We have cookies!

Who says I haven't?

• Like 1

Ugh!! You're impossible. *scrambles to go read through the last few internationals*

Actually a little excited for a new skill, to be honest xD

We need a guess the skill competition :D

Throwing skill and rework of throwing. 

(read the suggestions and making a leap here) :D

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

fingers crossed Glassblowing

Come on new engine, give me windows (That open and close like the mine doors)

Edited by Ascorbic
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ascorbic said:

fingers crossed Glassblowing

Come on new engine, give me windows (That open and close like the mine doors)

and waterproof roofs!

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Who says I haven't?

The image name of this week's image (from Stormblade) is:

wo_wu_sharer.png

1 hour ago, Brew said:

My guess, new skill is 'sitting' :) ?

all my money for afk one

Yay for the food change, love little QoL things like this, i'll put out a hell of a platter for the impalong now i know noone can just run off with it all! :D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The next update will come out on the 28th, and include tree collisions, branding protection on corpses, and the new tapestries!

89fd5368f635e72bf196717371016df6.gif

• Like 3

That "eat from a locked container" feature is pretty good!  Any chance it could be extended somehow to drinking too?

Take note - when he said locked containers, he meant locked containers. Nothing else in your house will be accessible to be eaten from apart from a container which you lock and then specifically grant access to people from. Your forge meals are safe, barrel meals too. You can even keep the things in an unlocked container and still be fine.

Drinking is doable, is it a desired feature? It'd have to be from a locked container though (this with the reasoning that everybody should have a reasonable protection of items in their house that they do not give explicit pick up permissions to other for, like for storing wine and so on), so it's probably more hassle to do this than it's worth and you should probably just be putting out a fountain instead.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jberg said:

Drinking is doable, is it a desired feature?

well don't want someone slurping up your coc water or source water and you know, all your booze, bad enough when relatives visit, don't need that happening in wurm =p

5 hours ago, Niki said:

branding protection on corpses

this is why i think it'll be taxidermy

LOL was just thinking bout that, i feel sorry for the poor idiot that everyone convinces to brand the dragon on deed.

Edited by Stormblade

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

WU beta
All WU-ers have been patiently waiting (some not so patiently) for the next WU update, and I can confirm it will be coming to beta in the next week or so (pending any major issues). We'll have it up as a beta for a little while as usual before going live, hopefully early October for that one!

Nnnnnnnnice! 

I checked out the new WO client, it's really cute to say the least, wandered around some deeds to see some of the new walls and such... lovely.  Will our beta be getting some of that, or just the new stuff like bsb racks and all that OTHER lovely goodness?

Redid my favorite map, got a fresh level 1 character, still deciding how much I bring down my skillgains and action speeds to and well, wanna see if I get started finally or hold off a bit longer and toy with that heightmap a bit more in the meantime.  (WU is a really good product, not hating on WO for the record... you just gave egomaniacs like me the option of custom making our own 16x16km map to mold at whim).

• Like 1