Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

Wurm musicplayer/radio

So we were just talking about this today in GL chat. Alot of us share music videos either on the forums or discord or with each other. Also this game is very "afk" intensive. Meaning that a large number of us like to do other things while we play whether it's working, watching netflix, housework or listening to music.

It would be really good if there was a way to have a music player in-game. A way that we can share music and that it plays through the game without having to tab out or any external features so that we can all listen to the same songs and share the experience - like a wurm radio of sorts. This of course would be something that would be optional and could be switched on/off.

I've seen on another game called transformice for example they had a room which would play music for all to hear and the way they did their music player so it was fair was that everyone was allowed one song in the queue at a time. They would do this by entering it a youtube link to that song. Any songs that were more then 4-5minutes long got stopped after a default time (to prevent someone putting on a super long song (like 12hours of nyancat). Only being able to put one song in the queue at a time also meant that everyone got a fair and equal chance to put up a song they wanted to share/hear.

Just an idea anyway but would love to hear what people would think :o

• Like 3

Would be interesting to see how transformice gets away with it then I guess? I mean you can embed youtube videos into the wo forums and that doesn't cause any issues with copyright.

• Like 1

Where do I find free radio station listings and non-piracy music collections?

Free selection of high quality radio stations updated free of charge at the website: https://internetradiohoren.de/

Edited by DevlinDuncan

1 hour ago, DevlinDuncan said:

Where do I find free radio station listings and non-piracy music collections?

Free Music Archive 

Radio.net

Soma Fm

Mixcloud

All have good stuff on them.

------------------------------------------------

In reply to the old topic: Wurm could have something like what Second Life does or even old There.com.  On Second Life you can put a URL link to music in an object and then that object would play the music.  Many people have radio station URL links in their objects so that it plays a radio station.  There.com did something like that as well, only it was speaker objects that did it instead and I think it had to be a radio URL link.

Just think of a Musician NPC that plays Radio Station URLs -  Though might break the Middle ages feel of the game though to hear pop songs or rap music for example coming out of your nearest town (A certain tile range for the music would of course be in effect).  An option to turn down or mute that music would be in the settings, of course.

Edited by Zexos

Honestly I'd prefer original Wurm music that worked more like a belltower, first as an NPC Bard and then extended for players.