Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Seasonal Events

Is the Wurm team doing anything this year for Halloween? I remember a few years back the one on Independence, I enjoyed it immensely. The Midsummer event was a good start just wondering if the trend plans to continue. Thanks.

What kind of events would you want added?

• Like 3

Trick or Treat, for us Americans.  Visit any deed's token and right-click to obtain "Candy".   Prizes from Wurm Staff for the top 5 trick or treaters of each server.  Maybe let non-winners eat the candy for very small Sleep Bonus or karma boost.

Would be fun, maybe?

P.S.  I should add, maybe something equally fun for the pvp servers as well since it's not exactly viable to hit up all deeds given many will be enemied.   Then again, maybe that's just the encouragement needed? ^.~

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 4

What ever happened to those loot boxes that gave out sleep powder and had a chance at something better?

I recall when they were first introduced they were not popular among the players. However, to our defense, we were recently told that there would be a special gift given out for Wurm's Anniversary and then most of us got a sleep powder and thought wtf was that. The special gift turned out to be the knapsacks. (Btw, I love my knapsack. It acts as a 1kg backpack, which on its own would be enough. They also come with the texture of a sack with a ? symbol, and come in a variety of materials and rarities! The perfect gift imo)

I feel that if the knapsack was given before the loot box, then everyone would have loved the loot box as icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

What ever happened to those loot boxes that gave out sleep powder and had a chance at something better?

I recall when they were first introduced they were not popular among the players. However, to our defense, we were recently told that there would be a special gift given out for Wurm's Anniversary and then most of us got a sleep powder and thought wtf was that. The special gift turned out to be the knapsacks. (Btw, I love my knapsack. It acts as a 1kg backpack, which on its own would be enough. They also come with the texture of a sack with a ? symbol, and come in a variety of materials and rarities! The perfect gift imo)

I feel that if the knapsack was given before the loot box, then everyone would have loved the loot box as icing on the cake. 

That was just an issue of mistiming, and one being ready before the other

As for Halloween, you'll just have to wait and see, wont you?  

• Like 2

In-game holidays linked to the game calendar rather than the real calendar. Religious holidays for the original gods, founding days for servers, etc. Could be temporary automatic decorations in starting villages, just something to give athe world a bit of pizazz.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Darmalus said:

In-game holidays linked to the game calendar rather than the real calendar. Religious holidays for the original gods, founding days for servers, etc. Could be temporary automatic decorations in starting villages, just something to give athe world a bit of pizazz.

+1

yeah Halloween we could come up with goofy costumes for our toons.. if that possible... without potions..

3 hours ago, Psalamon said:

yeah Halloween we could come up with goofy costumes for our toons.. if that possible... without potions..

we will be obelisks this year (?)

Once again, Wurmoween will begin 31 Oct and end in the middle of Nov like it always has. This has always angered me. 

On 9/22/2017 at 0:10 AM, jackjones said:

Once again, Wurmoween will begin 31 Oct and end in the middle of Nov like it always has. This has always angered me. 

Instead, it should start on October 1 and end...never. Pumpkin pigs forever!

It would be cool if every wall looked decayed during the season. Not damaged, but more moldy looking maybe with some spider webs to turn every deed into a haunted one.  :D

Some people put a lot of effort into their deed's looks. I am sure they would object if they have to look at a decayed pile of rubble for weeks at a time. 

11 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Some people put a lot of effort into their deed's looks. I am sure they would object if they have to look at a decayed pile of rubble for weeks at a time. 

hmm very true, a lot of work is done to make a deed look a certain way and not everyone is a fan of the holiday. 

How about creepy Hearse replacements for Wagons?  :D

horse-drawn-hearse-05.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dorian said:

hmm very true, a lot of work is done to make a deed look a certain way and not everyone is a fan of the holiday. 

How about creepy Hearse replacements for Wagons?  :D

horse-drawn-hearse-05.jpg

thousand-yard-stare-dog.jpg?w=584

• Like 1

I just don't want to be a gnome again. Had to turn off animations because the damn hat kept blocking view.

2 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

I just don't want to be a gnome again. Had to turn off animations because the damn hat kept blocking view.

• Like 3

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎24 at 1:12 PM, Angelklaine said:

thousand-yard-stare-dog.jpg?w=584

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... look at the cute Puppy looking at Angelklaine.... never turn your back on that dog....