Sign in to follow this  
alphafat

Chimney System for walls that lead into and out from roof

A friend in my alliance and I were talking about putting one on the lower floor and the other on top of the jutting chimney.

So what if there was a modification for plain walls (not doors, windows, ect) Where you could build a chimney using bricks that allow for forges/ovens/smelters to be secured into them. Keeping the quality/rarities of the heating container but removing the unsightly chimney through the floor.

• Like 5

Personally I'd like Wurm to take this idea and get next-gen with it.

Allow us to "microcraft" stuff like ovens, forges and fireplaces.

There could be set items like a fuel hatch, chimney exit, and the front (where the fire is displayed or the pots & pans are)

Allow players to build up their own system, how big and tall as they like.  Provide bricks in the editor, maybe wooden planks and iron bars in different shapes and sizes.  Let people be creative, make a blueprint out of it where the difficulty to build this item is calculated from the complexity of the design.

Games like rising world and planet explorers have this kind of microcrafting, and it's tons of fun.

+1 to any change that will save us from dying of carbon monoxide poisoning in our smithies

Another idea that may be easier to program: craftable chimney extensions that can be added to forges, ovens, etc. to allow the chimney to rise up through as many storeys as necessary and poke out of the roof instead of whatever floor happens to be above where the forge is placed.

• Like 2

+1 to Chimney in general.  Isn't there some type of wurm civic code that we are breaking not having a chimney to vent the building?

• Like 1