Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Wurm Online Cost, Reducing Cost, and Microtransactions

The idea that Wurm is cheaper than most games, and that you can experience the game, or that the game is designed to be experienced with a single character and only one subscription is absolutely ridiculous. While its true for most other subscription based games, wich are slowly vanishing since its an outdated system anyway.

Never heard a person leave because they didnt have the money for wurm. Most of the people i know rather play minecraft though. One time purchase and total freedom in a sandbox.

I just want to note that I'm not saying the direction needs to completely remove the subscription fee. I'm only stating that there's likey a far larger appeal in free to play games with microtransaction shops, and there would likely be far more interest in a cheaper subscription fee. Games that have a monthly fee have a certain demand from players to meet an expectation, falling short loses players dramatically. You have to price the game based on the content. We are tied to a single character in a low populated game, while it is great fun, I think there's more appeal in other games that have a single time payment. I want to see servers populated more, but less and less players are joining currently with the current business platform. 

• Like 1

Recently got 4 months for 35.99$ that's dirt cheap compared to other MMOs. 

And we can play the game to make in game money to pay for premium? 

Thanks devs :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Recently got 4 months for 35.99$ that's dirt cheap compared to other MMOs. 

And we can play the game to make in game money to pay for premium? 

Thanks devs :)

except that markets sucks because most people want bulk (lets the newbies burnout for 2s) items and deliver (if never been prem this is hard) or high end stuff (need much time to get the skill for that).
traders in starting towns always without money, rare coins? depends of the server (and time) but still random

Edited by tamat

On 9/19/2017 at 4:43 PM, Postes said:

that microtransactions offer players unique aesthetic goods without appearing as "pay to win" game.

Correction:

"I want this game to look like League of Legends, where it takes no work to make your character look different, other than a few bucks"  

2. Wouldn't mind a lower premium costs, but rolf already stepped away from this game. You gotta do the math for how many prem. players we have vs the income hit rolf would take. He barely cares to dev this game anymore, if he starts losing money, he'll shut it down, but that's just my 2 cents.

Is rolf still even earning money from this? I thought he completely stepped out and is not taking any paycheck share anymore either?

Just read this,

As someone who actively plays both Wurm and WoW, the cost really adds up. I agree with the price of Premium being lowered slightly. I just think paying close to 10 USD a month is a little too much for an older game like Wurm. (Even WoW is a bit over the top asking for 15 a month)

Adding on to what Postes said about two months of wurm for ~15 USD. This would make me and others much more inclined to purchase premium due to its reduced cost.

I had friends that used to play WO and now they play WU because they can't cover the cost of Premium any longer.

I love Wurm and I'll pay for it either way, but I'll definitely be prem'd up more if the price goes down. Make the game more accessible to everyone by lowering the cost a little bit.

Edited by Goblinking