Sign in to follow this  
Kiama

Moving this server thread, please delete.

Edited by Kiama
Update
  • Like 1

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama

I am very happy that this server, standing in France, came to existance :D. As far as I see it, its the only

low skillgain/action timer server with the priest mod enabled. And also we have both altars here and

underground building enabled. More mods will come eventually.

I recommend to come in next times, because the animal count is set low at the moment to allow everybody

to spread and get an overview over that beautiful world. Also I recommend everybody to equip with his/her

standart set of tools at the beginning point. Scouting arround for about 14hours let me find very nice places

on the riverside and also huge highland areas, but not all easy to settle without being equipped well. Make

the sickle your friend in this first age of the Aelbic Straits map is my third and last recommendation.

We are now in the age of exploration and spreading. The world is untouched and very special. Come in

and just have a look if you wish.

• Like 1

It is said, that the white light can be found on the top of a mountain, while the blacklight

should be found on a place surrounded by water..

Interesting concept and an excellent map design, but isn't the map way tooooooo big?

This is Xanadu size.

I would recommend a 4096x4096 (Chaos size) server for pvp. That's already huge.

Is this Freedom Isles only or can PMKs be made?

Because last time I remember when a Freedom Isles player attacked a Freedom Isles deed on a pvp server, it caused some problems.

Edited by Bittereinder

13 hours ago, Bittereinder said:

Because last time I remember when a Freedom Isles player attacked a Freedom Isles deed on a pvp server, it caused some problems.

Confirm. Freedom and PvP not compatible (by expirience).

Heya, The concept of the server here is not to priorize pvp over all manners, thats sure. Its setted to freedom isle and pvp enabled to make

the try to have a world with ultimate freedom without beeing restricted to game mechanics. So at the moment, you are able to attack everyone,

but you are also able to befriend every one.

I would really like that PMKs can be made. And I would like that they can be made with only 4 players instead of 24 (or 25?). Also would it be

nice to have a mod than, that didnt make freedom isles players loose their neutrality (maby with a kingdom diplomacy mod, that would be reachable).

But at the moment we are only 4,5,6 people playing here regulary, so its more timeto think it out.

As to the size of the map: -> I think, its great. How bigger, how more epic the history of the world can be. :D Enough space to

do whatever you want and to have many different regions. Sauron would not have been possible to grow so strong and the elves would not

could have been hidden in their forests, if the world would have been smaller. To talk in a fantasy tale setting.. :D 

P.S. If there will be problems, Freedom Isles players attacking other freedom isle players, we will start to think it out how we can change that and

transport that changes into a flowing game experiences.. The creator here knows how to mod and I have some hours in seeing the wonders of

different wu worlds. Advises or tips from experienced players are nevertheless nicely seen. Just pm me here if you wish.

To go on with the plot a little bit: ->

The first winter has reached the aelbic straits. Because of atmospheric turbulences, the starting point moved a little bit.

New players will be equipped with leather armors and some tools and can not fall dawn the mountains so easy.

Walking arround through the snowy mountains I found a sign, written on it the following words.

" Ahoia, we are the wizards from the roof of the world, keeper of the thousand scrolls, mediators between the creator

and the world of mortals, druidic tao monks with an eye on the balance of the world and constructers of the thousand

names. We need your help. Not all trees are found in the world, yet. Our sky gardens are stil not decorated by cedar,

cherry, olive and lemon. The ones that found sprouts of them and bring them to us will be rewarded with items or can

start their noviciate, here where we advice over the flow of the world.

All others are encouraged to write letters to us and to let us know what is happening in the world, so that the world can

be a mirror of what is happening under is inhabitants. Thats all for now, and shall you walk save."

Hmmm... :D

Edited by Timorius
not yet

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama

I started playing on this server a few days ago and the regulars are very friendly and the server seems promising. The unique aspect of PvP on this server is great. Everyone is Freedom Isles, but if you want to PvP you can, but there are rewards and draw backs from doing so. 

The discord and steam group are in need of some work, but other than that--the mods are installed and work and the server seems well maintained. I highly recommend this server for people looking to get into PvP, but do not want the drama of Kingdom Spies or everything else that comes with kingdom PvP. 

I feel like this server's PvP aspect really embraces the sandbox and creativity Wurm is all about. 

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama
  • Like 1

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama

Hi Kiama,

I mainly would like to see the spawnpoint in a neutral area or have a spawnpoint for every kingdom. I think, in a freedom isle world its normal to have only one spawn point. But if you want

to play the map with different kingdoms and than having the one spawnpoint even within one of the kingdoms. That is not much fair and also will unbalance the world in a longer term.

We already talked about that. So I suggest to put the spawn point in a neutral place somewhere in the middle of the map. Anyone having objections?

Another point what does me a little belly ache. I am okay to give everyone who wants it the possibility to do a kingdom. So everybody can experience here, how it feels to be a king.

But I dislike that this player made kingdoms can also be one of the main kingdoms. Normally, If you want to be the king of mr, jk or hots, you have to find a statue or a symbol of

the god the kingdom is related to and than do a mission. This feature is completly falling aside here. So I would say. Pmks can be easy but the kingdomship of the main kingdoms

must be earned.    ?

Edited by Kiama

Edited by Kiama

9 hours ago, Kiama said:

I understand your perspective. I'll make this change for you. I have actually been making a starter town today. I will switch the server back to being a freedom home server and have this town be the starting place for everyone.

Oh nice. :) In a freedom world, the location of the spawnpoint is not that important for me but despite that, I think that its a good idea to have a starter town with a merchant and alltogether to switch back to freedom isle.

Now the server needs only more people coming in. I am hoping for many different nationalties here. Come in and join from all over the world. That is our only chance to see behind the daily propaganda, nowadays. :D