Kiama

The Aelbic Straits: 8k Paradise Awaits (x2/x1.5)

18 posts in this topic

g3pW6JA.jpg

Name in Launcher: The Aelbic Straits

The Aelbic Straits is a 8192x8192 paradise waiting for you to tame it.

You will start only with basic tools. Everything is possible, but none of it will be easy. Can you make something of yourself?

• epic settings off (home server: freedom isles so that you can create settlements anywhere)
  • characteristics start value 19.5
  • upkeep on
  • free deeding off
  • crops advance one stage per 8 hours
  • skill gain 2x
  • action timer 1.5x
  • There is a tiny percentage of Glimmersteel and Adamantium veins in the world
  • Underground dwellings are enabled
  • Black Light deeding allowed
  • Priest limits removed

We have a new discord

Join our steam group

January 14th 2018 Update:

It turns out you can make player-made kingdoms on Wurm Unlimited without needing a crowd of people (in fact you can found a kingdom alone). So I am offering declarations of independence (which I have called Emperor's Writs) to the first 12 people who ask for one. Leave a comment here or ask me in-game. If I miss your message and then run out of them, I'll make an exception for you. Please be aware that founding a kingdom will create a new kingdom chat for you and you will no longer be able to communicate easily with those in Freedom.

January 2018 Update:

We now have the Bounty Mod! So, deeds are much easier to upkeep. No limitations for spirit templars are in effect for now but if that becomes as issue I'll post an update here. We also have the Dig Like Mining mod where digging results in the dirt going on the ground, not your inventory.

fYhuzDj.jpg

December 2017 Update:

1. I have committed to keeping the server until at least 2020.
  2. The starting location has been changed to be in the far north east to make it far away from both the black and white altars.
  3. The starting location has been artificially planted with patches of every kind of tree.
  4. You now start with 7 items: compass, tent, hatchet, shovel, pickaxe, steel&flint, and carving knife
Edited by Kiama
Kingdoms!
1 person likes this

I am very happy that this server, standing in France, came to existance :D. As far as I see it, its the only

low skillgain/action timer server with the priest mod enabled. And also we have both altars here and

underground building enabled. More mods will come eventually.

I recommend to come in next times, because the animal count is set low at the moment to allow everybody

to spread and get an overview over that beautiful world. Also I recommend everybody to equip with his/her

standart set of tools at the beginning point. Scouting arround for about 14hours let me find very nice places

on the riverside and also huge highland areas, but not all easy to settle without being equipped well. Make

the sickle your friend in this first age of the Aelbic Straits map is my third and last recommendation.

We are now in the age of exploration and spreading. The world is untouched and very special. Come in

and just have a look if you wish.

1 person likes this

It is said, that the white light can be found on the top of a mountain, while the blacklight

should be found on a place surrounded by water..

Interesting concept and an excellent map design, but isn't the map way tooooooo big?

This is Xanadu size.

I would recommend a 4096x4096 (Chaos size) server for pvp. That's already huge.

Is this Freedom Isles only or can PMKs be made?

Because last time I remember when a Freedom Isles player attacked a Freedom Isles deed on a pvp server, it caused some problems.

Edited by Bittereinder

13 hours ago, Bittereinder said:

Because last time I remember when a Freedom Isles player attacked a Freedom Isles deed on a pvp server, it caused some problems.

Confirm. Freedom and PvP not compatible (by expirience).

Heya, The concept of the server here is not to priorize pvp over all manners, thats sure. Its setted to freedom isle and pvp enabled to make

the try to have a world with ultimate freedom without beeing restricted to game mechanics. So at the moment, you are able to attack everyone,

but you are also able to befriend every one.

I would really like that PMKs can be made. And I would like that they can be made with only 4 players instead of 24 (or 25?). Also would it be

nice to have a mod than, that didnt make freedom isles players loose their neutrality (maby with a kingdom diplomacy mod, that would be reachable).

But at the moment we are only 4,5,6 people playing here regulary, so its more timeto think it out.

As to the size of the map: -> I think, its great. How bigger, how more epic the history of the world can be. :D Enough space to

do whatever you want and to have many different regions. Sauron would not have been possible to grow so strong and the elves would not

could have been hidden in their forests, if the world would have been smaller. To talk in a fantasy tale setting.. :D 

P.S. If there will be problems, Freedom Isles players attacking other freedom isle players, we will start to think it out how we can change that and

transport that changes into a flowing game experiences.. The creator here knows how to mod and I have some hours in seeing the wonders of

different wu worlds. Advises or tips from experienced players are nevertheless nicely seen. Just pm me here if you wish.

To go on with the plot a little bit: ->

The first winter has reached the aelbic straits. Because of atmospheric turbulences, the starting point moved a little bit.

New players will be equipped with leather armors and some tools and can not fall dawn the mountains so easy.

Walking arround through the snowy mountains I found a sign, written on it the following words.

" Ahoia, we are the wizards from the roof of the world, keeper of the thousand scrolls, mediators between the creator

and the world of mortals, druidic tao monks with an eye on the balance of the world and constructers of the thousand

names. We need your help. Not all trees are found in the world, yet. Our sky gardens are stil not decorated by cedar,

cherry, olive and lemon. The ones that found sprouts of them and bring them to us will be rewarded with items or can

start their noviciate, here where we advice over the flow of the world.

All others are encouraged to write letters to us and to let us know what is happening in the world, so that the world can

be a mirror of what is happening under is inhabitants. Thats all for now, and shall you walk save."

Hmmm... :D

Edited by Timorius
not yet

On 10/18/2017 at 2:00 AM, Bittereinder said:

Interesting concept and an excellent map design, but isn't the map way tooooooo big?

This is Xanadu size.

I would recommend a 4096x4096 (Chaos size) server for pvp. That's already huge.

Is this Freedom Isles only or can PMKs be made?

Oh dear, what problems? I was under the impression that the setting (when applied to a non-epic server) would simply allow players to attack other players without permission.

And yes, it is absurdly large but the vastness of it was a large part of the appeal for me.

Edited by Kiama

December 2017 Update:

1. I have committed to keeping the server until at least 2020.
  2. The starting location has been changed to be in the far north east to make it far away from both the black and white altars.
  3. The starting location has been artificially planted with patches of every kind of tree.
  4. You now start with 7 items: compass, tent, hatchet, shovel, pickaxe, steel&flint, and carving knife

Also, check out this wonderful deed I stumbled across today:

lLdMTFU.jpg

Edited by Kiama

I started playing on this server a few days ago and the regulars are very friendly and the server seems promising. The unique aspect of PvP on this server is great. Everyone is Freedom Isles, but if you want to PvP you can, but there are rewards and draw backs from doing so. 

The discord and steam group are in need of some work, but other than that--the mods are installed and work and the server seems well maintained. I highly recommend this server for people looking to get into PvP, but do not want the drama of Kingdom Spies or everything else that comes with kingdom PvP. 

I feel like this server's PvP aspect really embraces the sandbox and creativity Wurm is all about. 

On 12/11/2017 at 9:39 AM, Night_Lurking_Panther said:

I started playing on this server a few days ago and the regulars are very friendly and the server seems promising. The unique aspect of PvP on this server is great. Everyone is Freedom Isles, but if you want to PvP you can, but there are rewards and draw backs from doing so. 

The discord and steam group are in need of some work, but other than that--the mods are installed and work and the server seems well maintained. I highly recommend this server for people looking to get into PvP, but do not want the drama of Kingdom Spies or everything else that comes with kingdom PvP. 

I feel like this server's PvP aspect really embraces the sandbox and creativity Wurm is all about. 

Welcome to the server, Panther :)

I will also answer your steam group questions here:

What is the full crop cycle length?
What is the animal count and the aggro % ?
What is the animal breeding modifier?

I have answered all these by posting screenshots to the OP.

I don't really understand why it doesn't appear to be 8 hours in length. It could be that our server isn't running at full ticks per second, but I don't know why it wouldn't be and I am not sure how to check. If someone knows how, please let me know, thanks.

What are the server rules? (any specific PvP rules?)

None. The only reason I can think of adding artificial rules to the server would be if someone was being verbally abusive or manipulative with real-world consequences but until then I think players should be left to enforce their own rules using in-game systems.

Is this server hosted on local hardware, or hosted by a company?

Citadel Servers

Other than the starter gear mod, what mods are on the server?

Libila Fix and Priest :) 

January 2018 Update:

We now have the Bounty Mod! So, deeds are much easier to upkeep. No limitations for spirit templars are in effect for now but if that becomes as issue I'll post an update here. We also have the Dig Like Mining mod where digging results in the dirt going on the ground, not your inventory.

fYhuzDj.jpg

Some variations of the map I made today:

Lu0Sc4c.jpg

NvAzohO.jpg

qxW7XiX.jpg

1 person likes this

January 14th 2018 Update:

It turns out you can make player-made kingdoms on Wurm Unlimited without needing a crowd of people (in fact you can found a kingdom alone). So I am offering declarations of independence (which I have called Emperor's Writs) to the first 12 people who ask for one. Leave a comment here or ask me in-game. If I miss your message and then run out of them, I'll make an exception for you. Please be aware that founding a kingdom will create a new kingdom chat for you and you will no longer be able to communicate easily with those in Freedom.

(I did want to leave these writs at random locations throughout the world but it turns out you can't drop them, or even put them in a chest. Fortunately I will be online a lot over the next 2 weeks.)

Edited by Kiama