Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Fire and Sand Impalong - Exodus - 20th-22nd October

I'll come to impalong to help out where I can; Blacksmith(60), carpentry(76). Sound fun :D

I wanted to see that deed since you started working on it and showed us the first few pictures. I hope I'm free that weekend at least in the evenings.

Put me down for everything smithing related.

Kinda cool to do multi impalongs, that way if you can't make one you got two other chances to get to one.

Before you choose an arena place... Do mobs still ignore underground doors and gates?

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

Before you choose an arena place... Do mobs still ignore underground doors and gates?

They ignore fences still but not buildings, and Nad's token house is kinda funny cause its just inside the mine entrance so stuff falls off the mountain and into the house, then remains trapped inside and leap out at people who enter it looking for a meal. 8)

Edited by JakeRivers

7 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

i feel ignored :D Nowhere on the list 

What you wanna be down for buddy, i don't know all your crafting skills :P You can be staff if you really wanna be involved to the max xD

3 hours ago, Talohan said:

Kinda cool to do multi impalongs, that way if you can't make one you got two other chances to get to one.

Yeah the main reason this came up was we'd been prepping these event buildings a couple months back and decided we wanted to do an impalong. Just we didn't want to step on the currently planned xmas one or wait until next year so we figured why not just give one month notice and do one sooner! Halloween Impalong :D

• Like 1

I'll be there! 100 carpentry, 99.9 FC, 90 Fletching, Shipbuilding, Toymaking, Bowyery, Cloth Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing.

For all those responsible for the building design work and deed design, you simple have verged on the line of transcending greatness.  This really stretches the line of what is possible and you've articulated it very nicely.  Inspiringly creative and daunting different expressions and ways to use some of the new features and materials in building.  Years of pro terraforming on chaos have also reaped it's own rewards.  Simply Kudos and good luck with the event.  If fps allow may come to see in person what the pics have allowed.  Thank you for sharing.

Hmm. I may bring some graffiti dye cans to aid a community facelift of that dirtwall....

(edit: how the heck you call those thingies in English at all?)

Edited by Jaz

31 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Hmm. I may bring some graffiti dye cans to aid a community facelift of that dirtwall....

(edit: how the heck you call those thingies in English at all?)

Spray Paints?

I still sometimes wonder about my dirtwall......someday i could just wake up and decide i won't want it marble anymore.

On September 18, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Nadroj said:

Update to my original statement about sacrificing materials being limited. We're on it :P Large farms being planted now.

We have many comrades toiling away in the fields, but y'all may want to BYOVeggies just in case. They go quickly. 

Notable events I'm pumped about:

Jakerivers, Inc. Live Auction- idk if you've been to one of these IRL or in-game, but it's a blast. The auction hall and auctioneer are ready to go. Don't miss it. 

Imperial Tournament of Fighters-

I'm going to sit on a lavish dais while fighters from across the land engage in Mortal Kombat™. Applicants will be organized into a tournament tree. Seeding will be performed by me based on a visual inspection and background check. The later rounds of the tournament will be Best of 3, while the Championship round will be Best of 5. This tournament will be anything goes. Tomes, spells, cheese, it's all good. No outside aid will be allowed (other priests, PEDs, etc.) All candidates must submit for a thorough dispelling before each fight. 

The Ultimate Champion will receive an Adamantine great helm and a Glimmersteel weapon, made and casted to their choosing. 

Second place will receive an Adamantine weapon. 

Other prizes will be distributed by me as I see fit during the tournament, like if a plate scrub wipes a PVP guy, boom. Prize.

Pain Olympics 

Teams of four who think they have the stones for it will stand in a ring while Enki or whoever spawns horrible nightmare creatures for them to fight. This will be round based, like that zombie game that kinda sucks. Whoever survives the most rounds will be deemed the Pain Olympics Gold Medal Winner. All members of the winning team will receive an Adamantine weapon. The MVP of the tournament will receive a special, limited edition, very swagged out Adamantine weapon. 

Emoo's Horse and Chariot Races

Whereas I will delight in the torment and bloodshed of dozens of death matches, Emoo will preside over horse and chariot racing. What a hippie.

I expect this to be a big hit, because for the first time ever, you can bring your own horse! Think you've got the fastest horse east of Chaos? Put your money where your mouth is son. We will have horse races, hell horse races, cart races, and, for the big money, hell horse cart races. Believe it. 

We've been working hard to put on a good show for everyone. Expect more events than those listed above. 

• Like 7

Well theres some thoughts! I guess now muggins here gets to reword this into the OP and fill in certain blanks Robus missed such as what time / day and if you should apply here. Or asking @Retrogradeif we can have GMs actually do the Pain Olympics lawl. Oh Robus....you silly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robus said:

you can bring your own horse

Really hope we have animal crates in for that! See which server has the supreme horse genes!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Any games for us less fierce?

Brick spamming challenge? Just to stay in the pain theme :P Whoever milks out the most bricks in a given time will win. Maybe a side competition of the luckiest guy getting the most rares during the sweat test.

Something the newbies can participate in without to much effort.

I've updated the OP and included a scavenger hunt which involves no fighting at all as well as prize listing :P I welcome any thoughts or ideas and please get in contact if you wish to donate a prize for our lucky contestants. I'm off to go hold some of my allies upside down and shake out their pockets.

• Like 1

Don't know exactly how that weekend looks for me but can come and park a 94 channeling paa priest with battery and do some casting.

I never know from day to day what my schedule will look like, but I will try to attend to help out.  I've always enjoyed Impalongs.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2017 at 8:36 AM, JakeRivers said:

They ignore fences still but not buildings, and Nad's token house is kinda funny cause its just inside the mine entrance so stuff falls off the mountain and into the house, then remains trapped inside and leap out at people who enter it looking for a meal. 8)

My Hell Hounds ignore building walls in the mine as well, makes for an adventure when doing home improvement.  Not sure how other animals will react.

I wouldn't miss a chance to come and throw Uisge to the wolves.

Edit: Obviously can't remember much ><, can do smithing and carp as required, ct too.

Edited by Pingpong