Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Fire and Sand Impalong - Exodus - 20th-22nd October

The Fire and Sand alliance of Exodus, better known to most as the former Empire of Mol Rehan, is happy to announce that we're putting Wurm's first underground impalong next month!

The event will take place from Friday 20th of October through Sunday 22nd and if we're all having fun we might carry on a bit through Monday too :) This is our first attempt at an impalong so we're starting with a weekend, if everyone has fun you can expect more in future and probably longer ones too.

The venue is my home of Magranon's Rest where myself and my allies have been working hard to set up for future events over the last couple months. Located at i21 on Exodus within the Iron Mountain. You can arrive by land or sea as i have constructed canals through the desert.

Spoiler

NrDlxpD.png?1

Spoiler

yRNBehF.jpg

What's an Impalong?

For any newer players out there who've never experienced such an event, an Impalong is a wurm tradition where many players come together for an extended event to craft together and for each other at no cost to anyone. This means that you can come as a fresh new player and ask people who've been playing the game for 10 years to make you high QL tools and we'll gladly do it as long as we've got the time and the manpower. We will also be arranging events and prizes so we're not all just sitting around chatting and crafting for days on end so maybe you can get something far better than just an improvement to your current gear! You can also expect a large volume of priests there for sermons and casting so come get your gear enchanted too :)

What to expect

We have provided an imping hall that is perfectly suited (see pics below) for everyone to work closely together, this means that sermons on the roof of the hall will include everyone crafting below, get those huge faith bonus increases! Our alliance has been working tirelessly to collect and provide thousands of materials to cover anything and everything that players may wish to see made. We aim to be able to provide improvements ranging from 70 to 90QL depending on time and demand and we have the supplies and crafters to do it. Should you wish to attend as a crafter you'll be given any materials you require and may work on whatever you wish to, to whatever QL you want (i'm only putting my own guys up to the challenge of pushing the highest QL they have time for :P). You can also expect to see a lot of high level priests casting high level enchants when possible, though supplies for sacrificing materials will be limited as our focus has been on crafting materials scratch that we're packing a lot of favor now!. I'll provide what i can in that regard. Finally we are currently discussing prizes and events to put on over the three days, at the very least a fighting tournament is set to occur and we're open to suggestions from the community if you have any ideas for fun games to put on. Prizes will be provided  by donations from anyone willing, i'll personally be putting up an 85QL adamantine carving knife for grabs and some other goodies. Keep an eye out in this thread for updates very soon on events and prizes. I'll be cooking up a whole lotta food and high QL drinks too, because THEN it's a real party!

What is expected of you

• First and foremost it's a community event so show up, have fun and get involved. All are welcome.
  • We're a former pvp kingdom with all the drama that entails. I expect everyone from all sides to play nice or you simply won't be welcome anymore, this includes MR players. Keep KvK on Chaos.
  • Make sure to name your items before dropping them into forges/containers for the crafters to work on them. For enchants please also label which enchantments you want.
  • Getting items casted on is at your own risk, this is a potential shatter zone! Casting priests will be expected to have 80 or higher channeling to save people this most horrifying of pains.
  • Crafters shouldn't need to pick any items up, allowing players to grab them easily when finished, but if necessary for overflow reasons then either the crafter or one of our impalong staff will get it for you if you PM them.
  • Minimum expected improvements from crafters will be 70QL.
  • Yes it's a cave, but please be sparing with personal lighting as it can get very excessive with lots of players.
  • Please exercise a reasonable amount of common sense when bringing in items, if you drop 20 things at once you will not be looked upon favourably.
  • Don't run off and sell this stuff afterwards, we can't stop you but if we hear about it you won't be welcome in future.
  • If you are attending as a crafter it helps me out with planning if you post here, i will update with a list of crafters and what they'll be working on.
  • Finally please feel free to message me on the forums or ingame if you have any thoughts, issues, ideas for events, want to be involved or want to donate a prize.

Our Staff

These players can be contacted about events or pestered to provide materials you require during the event. I expect to be expanding it as i rope more people into helping over the next couple weeks.

Spoiler

Host - Nadroj

Chief of MR - Robus

Jakerivers

Rocklobstar

Tiranille

Pingvinen
Tulemees

Somebodyx

Glory

Champ

Emoo

Zivirt

Arium

Crafters

Spoiler

Nadroj : 90-99 skilled in all forms of masonry and carpentry. (Except toymaking....someday...) 80+ Leatherworking

Zivirt : If there's a skill this guy doesnt have 90 in it tends to shock people. Bring Unique bloods for the 90+NS touch.

Jaz : Smithing (except JS), stonecutting, masonry, ships and carpentry 90+

FreddyKreuger : Chain and Blacksmithing 70+

Jonydowy : Blacksmithing, Platesmithing, Weaponsmithing and Leatherworking

NeeNee : Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Masonry, Stonecutting, Jewelery smithing and Fine Carpentry

Somebodyx : 90+ weaponsmithing, Shieldsmithing, Blacksmithing, Platesmithing and Masonry

Xallo : 99 Leatherworking and Carpentry, some assorted other skills. 80 Toymaking.

Thunderstruck : Needed to be on the list but didn't tell me what he'd do ;)

Faty : All ze smithings!

Thorgot : 100 carpentry, 99.9 FC, 90 Fletching, Shipbuilding, Toymaking, Bowyery, Cloth Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing.

Dergan : 99,9 carpentry and 99,9 fine carpentry

Champ : 90+ Shieldsmithing, Plate Armour Smithing and Blacksmithing

Zien : 90+ Leatherworking and Blacksmithing, 80+ Shield Smithing

Mykoal : Weaponsmithing

Valdor : Leatherworking and Carpentry

Renate : 92 Carpentry, 88 Blacksmithing, 70+ Leatherworking, Masonry, Fletching and Fine Carpentry
Morrowen : 90 Bowyery and Blacksmithing

Thunderstruck : Blacksmithing and Leatherworking

Rozare: 90+ Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Platesmithing, Shieldsmithing, Chainsmithing and 80+ in Masonry/Carpentry

Ladygodiva: Many things to 70+, 85-90 Jewelerysmithing.

Velentr: 90+ Blacksmith, 75+ Shieldsmith, 70+ Weaponsmith

Egard: 90+ Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Shipbuilding, Bowyery and Plate Armour Smithing

Niki: Plate Armour Smithing

Shrimpiie: 90+ Leatherworking and 70+ Cloth Tailoring

Quasiwud: 90+ Blacksmithing and Carpentry

Uisge: 97 Chainsmithing and 70+ Weaponsmithing

VirusMD: 90 Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Fine Carpentry and Platesmithing

Figs: 90+ carpentry, fine carpentry, cloth tailoring, leatherworking, masonry, stone cutting, blacksmithing, shield smithing, jewelry smithing.

Dadd: 90+ in many skills including LW, bowery, fletching all the smithing and carpentry

Jaan: 90+ Shieldsmithing

Priests

Spoiler

Rocklobstar: 99 Channeling Vynora

Widnes: 97 Channeling Vynora

AlexOfKorova: Vynora

Timeli: 93 Channeling Vynora

Events

Spoiler

Watch this space, i'll be beating event ideas and prizes out of my friends shortly.

Taken from a post by Robus later in this thread i'll summarise

We have many comrades toiling away in the fields, but y'all may want to BYOVeggies just in case. They go quickly. 

Jakerivers, Inc. Live Auction - idk if you've been to one of these IRL or in-game, but it's a blast. The auction hall and auctioneer are ready to go. Don't miss it. 

Imperial Tournament of Fighters -

We will be putting on a 1v1 fighting tournament. Players can bring whatever gear they desire and there is no restriction on tomes or paths. Each stage will be best of three spars until the championship bout which will be best of 5. No outside aids or casted buffs will be allowed. If you wish to participate in the Championship Tournament please announce yourself in this thread. We'll kick off the fighting tourney in the evening on Saturday probably around 5pm est but we'll see how people feel about the time.

Due to concerns about spars being messy with huge axes (and to some extent other extreme damage weapons) we have decided the tournament will be 1h weapons only.

Pain Olympics 

Disclaimer - This is a novel and fun sounding idea Robus came up with but i have yet to clear it with staff. Also you could die.

Teams of four enter the arena and pit themselves against select waves of spawned monsters, If you die or you leave the arena you are out but your team can continue to the last man. The team that lasts longest with most kills wins.p

Archery Contest

A simple contest of points, each contestant need only have a staff member oversee them taking 10 shots  at our archery range. Points will be added together and highest wins. All contestants will use a 70QL unenchanted longbow and fire 50QL hunting arrows.

Horse Races

Pathfinder Race: Racers will be provided with a link shortly before the race begins which will have three map points marked on it. Each of these points will have a staff member/alt at them, the goal is to slap all three. Winning is the first person to start from the Token of Magranon's rest, slap all three players, return and slap the token.

Dirtwall Circuit: 5 Horses per race with no gear. Contestants will race a few short laps around the on deed circuit. Multiple races will be required to determine an overall winner depending on number of entrants.

Scavenger Hunting

Twelve Donated prizes have been marked by marble statues in an area around the deed, find the statue and you'll find a small chest by its feet with a piece of paper inside signed with the prize. Nab the paper and you're a winner, just contact any of our staff and we'll get you your prize. They can be found within the area in the following picture.

B7J1hJR.jpg?1

Hide and Seek

One of our staff will use a yellow potion and hide, first to find them will be traded a prize from our donated pool. Anyone caught casting locate soul will be disqualified and given an angry stare. 

We've been working hard to put on a good show for everyone. If you have any thoughts on our events or want us to put on one you've thought of then let us know!

Prizes

Spoiler

Imperial Fighting Tournament:

The Ultimate Champion will receive an adamantine great helm and a glimmersteel weapon, made and casted to their choosing. 

Second place will receive an adamantine weapon. 

Pain Olympics:
One adamantine weapon of choice for each winning contestant.

Horse Racing:
Pathfinder Race: 1st Glimmersteel Helm, 2nd Adamantine Helm and 3rd Enchanted tool

Dirtwall Circuit: Same prizes as Pathfinder but with enchanted tool prizes for the winners of each heat.

Archery Contest:
1st Rare Longbow 90QL Longbow with nimbleness and circle of cunning.

2nd 90QL Longbow with Nimbleness, Circle of Cunning and Bloodthirst

3rd 90QL Shortbow with Nimbleness and Circle of Cunning

Scavenger Hunt

Adamantine Carving Knife

Barrel of 89QL Red Wine

Rare Butchering Knife

Rare 90QL forge

Empire of Mol Rehan Banner

Tall Empire of Mol Rehan Banner

Crate of 300 support beams

Crate of 300 concrete

Unfinished Caravel missing one peg

The Crusaders Wagon

The Crusaders Banner

90QL Rare Toolbelt

General Event Pool and Honoured Donators:

Nadroj - Adamantine Carving Knife

Nadroj - Barrel of 89QL Red Wine

Nadroj - Barrel of 89QL White Wine

Nadroj - Barrel of 80+QL Beer (winners choice what type)

Nadroj - Barrel of 80+QL Whisky

Grumpled - Rare Butchering Knife

Sugarfoxx - Rare Practice Doll

Jaz - 90QL Rare Forge

Sugarfoxx - Supreme Gold Bracelet

Sugarfoxx - Rare Libila Puppet

Nadroj - Empire of Mol Rehan banner x 2

Nadroj - Tall Empire of Mol Rehan banner

Glory - 2x crate of 300 support beams *one is gone*

Glory - 2x crate of 300 concrete *one is gone*

Melloyello - Unfinished caravel missing only one peg - Choose your own woodtype and have your sig if you want.

Kingdom of The Crusaders - 1 Crusaders Wagon, 2 Crusaders Banners

Bittereinder: 80QL Compass

Ladygodiva: 90QL Rare Toolbelt

Glory - 5x One silver Coin *one gone*

Glory - 2x Crate of 300 Slate bricks

Glory - 2x Crate of 300 Sandstone bricks

Glory - 2x Crate of Marble Bricks

Glory - Five Silver Coin

Glory - 5x Sleep Powder *1 gone*

Here's some screenshots of the setup as it stands currently.
The Mol Rehan Armoury

Spoiler

tn0xb9Z.jpg

Ground Floor crafting area.

Spoiler

PPTWt9d.jpg

Second Floor - Seating, crafting and auction house, @JakeRiversis very excited to try live auctions :P

Spoiler

D4aJRsn.jpg

Top Floor Sermon Circle

Spoiler

3LfD99e.jpg

The Public Barracks - Beautifully decorated by @Tiranille and helper elves :P. We hope the accommodations will be to your liking!

Spoiler

k2j3Prw.jpg

The first four floors look like this

Spoiler

JhOpQdk.jpg

Then up top we have some delux suites

Spoiler

YXzpFon.jpg

Some construction in the mines still underway, we may set up our fighting tourney here or outside. Will update as we build :)

Spoiler

xQqpWWk.jpg

If anyone is interested in seeing a more in depth look at the deed and it's construction I've been keeping a long and arduous diary of the project in the Exodus section in a link below. The deed is always open to all players so if anyone wants to come by and take a look around you are most welcome to.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 22

I cant see a designated area for enki to slaughter entertain players, can only assume the entire area is the crime scene arena

Kidding aside, that looks amazing, cant wait to attend! 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Is the place fps friendly?

I've never had any issues at all, I honestly don't have a lot built on the deed besides terraforming and caves =) 

26 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I cant see a designated area for enki to slaughter entertain players, can only assume the entire area is the crime scene arena

Kidding aside, that looks amazing, cant wait to attend! 

I was going to turn the whole east end of the mine into a war zone..... Still might 

So cool!  Not sure if I'm around that weekend, but if I am, I'm definately up for a trip!

I think that weekend I'm available - if so I'll drop myself in for cutting down the backlog of all kind of metalworks (except JS), stonecutting, masonry, sheeps ships and carp - all needed skills are around 90.

Will you need 70ish steel or iron to bring with me, let me know.

I can probably attend during that weekend, just have to play wurm while studying XD If I am not going anywhere I can help with leatherworking and cloth tailoring imps. Leatherworking is around 95 and Cloth Tailoring is around 80. :) 

38 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I think that weekend I'm available - if so I'll drop myself in for cutting down the backlog of all kind of metalworks (except JS), stonecutting, masonry, sheeps ships and carp - all needed skills are around 90.

Will you need 70ish steel or iron to bring with me, let me know.

We're stocking up on steel right now, iron is already in huge supply. Should be enough for all but as you know plate armour does eat through steel fast so anything you wanna bring will help. 

I have a few idea's for a live auction, but if anyone else is interested in chatting about this, shoot me a pm.

If you can't make it and want to sell something, send me a pm in regards what the item is, minimum starting bid and we can see about doing consignments. I would like this to be a no reserve auction, so instead of doing a reserve just have a reasonable starting bid figured out.

I do think the best way to handle item sales is for the person who wants to sell the item to be on hand for the sale, so the transaction can be completed after the auction is complete.

Would like to do the first auction on Friday evening, NA time, if it works out more auctions can be done later.

• Like 1

Sing me in! I am crazy fellow dwarf as your self and i'd love to attent.

Things i can do- bs,lw,ws,pas

Awesome event. You guys need to see the mine. Its the result of what happens when you lump together a bunch of Wurm addicts with little to do and a lot of pent up pvp anger: They chew through a mountain.

This will be fun. Don't miss it!

• Like 2

I'll be there!

Not sure yet if I'll help with sermons or masonry/fine carpentry also.

Sounds fun! I've been wanting to look at this deed without looking like some weird, up-to-no-good former pvp enemy.. If I can make it that weekend I'll bring myself for priestly stuff. 

• Like 3

This sounds really fun, and very nice to see a different impalong for once with a unique theme to it. :)

Not sure of my schedule that weekend, but I love these. I can help with bs, carp, masonry (less skilled but willing in stonecutting, fc and js). 

Update to my original statement about sacrificing materials being limited. We're on it :P Large farms being planted now.

I'll be there!

Most prominently offering 99 LW'ing and 99 Carp, with some other lower 90's and 80's skills. I can also offer 80 Toymaking if someone wants 80QL puppets for some reason..... :ph34r:

I'll be sure to bring over a crate of 90QL leather when I come.

• Like 1

I will most definitely be there, though unsure in what capacity given that I am currently enjoying the priesthood. Decent channeling if I am still priested. Good general crafting if I am not.

• Like 1

Just now, BrandonSF said:

I will most definitely be there, though unsure in what capacity given that I am currently enjoying the priesthood. Decent channeling if I am still priested. Good general crafting if I am not.

Either way i welcome another opportunity to enslave you to working for me :D

• Like 3