Sign in to follow this  
Azael

[Bug] Trolls passing locked gates (if bridge part of the config)

Heya's, in the past few weeks I have had 2 slow trolls pass through a locked gate on my deed border, on the perimeter side there is a wooden bridge. replaced the lock and changed perms a few times now but still seems to be happening. 

to replicate issue just need troll on the bridge and stand just inside the gate. 

Any help or info about this would be appreciated.

A bridge will let creatures pass even when fences are installed, same goes for a bridge connecting to a building, everything will pass through a locked door and end up inside.

is this just a 'glitch' or is it actually meant to work like that?

This is a known issue with bridges connected to buildings, slopes and fencing.   Unlike us, animals ignore bridge collision and waltz right in.

Can you please post an image of your bridge/fence setup so that I can lot that to the bug?

Thank you!

On 9/17/2017 at 11:01 PM, Azael said:

Heya's, in the past few weeks I have had 2 slow trolls pass through a locked gate on my deed border, on the perimeter side there is a wooden bridge. replaced the lock and changed perms a few times now but still seems to be happening. 

to replicate issue just need troll on the bridge and stand just inside the gate. 

Any help or info about this would be appreciated.

Hope this will helps.

http://U3QYSmb.jpg

rA67hhD.jpg

i added a 2nd gate on the inside of deed to stop them from entering until I can sort out a better bridge

1 hour ago, Azael said:

i added a 2nd gate on the inside of deed to stop them from entering until I can sort out a better bridge

Is that working for you so far?

Well back from a 2 week holiday to log in to see a lovely slow troll standing guard at my deed token, so I do believe that I need to fix a few more things :(

Well latest update just watched a slow troll walk through the 2nd locked gate which is part of the temp 'airlock' system that I have set up.....

I'm having a similarly annoying problem with a bridge attached to my house.

They seem to be coming through this gatehouse with arched walls.

ZEqhPAU.jpg

Crossing this bridge (gatehouse from above pic highlighted)

26Stg1V.jpg

and entering my house through this door

1Zx2mpD.jpg

What is really causing me issues though, is how they are getting into the enclosure on the other side of the bridge from my house.

Any update on this?  I did not know it was a think and now I have a new house with 3 attached bridges.  Trolls greet me all too frequently.

This has been here since bridges came out, maybe the new guy can fix it. ;)

Cohen does not matter what floors the bridge connects to, the animals will just be able to bypass the walls/doors on the main level.

I have bridges all around my harbor at toc and pretty much impossible to troll proof the deed because of that.

But if you can, fences to keep trolls away from the bridge access would be the best case solution.