Sign in to follow this  
lera

Cant get Client to launch (no crash report)

Hey! I'm rather new around these parts, Ive been trying to play this wonderful game for a couple of days now with no success. I signed up on both of you websites (both here and the main Wurm Online one) and Ive made sure that I have the latest (and only the latest) version of java installed. when i download the client off your website, it put an application on my desktop that says "wurm online stable" but every time i open it the application just crashes within about 20 seconds and i have to force-quit it to get it off my dock. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, i've looked through some of your other threads without success. any help would be wonderful.

4 hours ago, lera said:

Hey! I'm rather new around these parts, Ive been trying to play this wonderful game for a couple of days now with no success. I signed up on both of you websites (both here and the main Wurm Online one) and Ive made sure that I have the latest (and only the latest) version of java installed. when i download the client off your website, it put an application on my desktop that says "wurm online stable" but every time i open it the application just crashes within about 20 seconds and i have to force-quit it to get it off my dock. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, i've looked through some of your other threads without success. any help would be wonderful.

Can you look in your wurm folder for a file named HS_ERR_PID and post the contents here.

If the file does not exist on your desktop, right-click the shortcut > Properties and Open File Location and it should take you to the right folder.

Let me know if you need help posting the report. Easiest is to open it in Notepad, then EDIT>SELECT ALL and come here and EDIT>PASTE, but a few people find it easier to upload the file to a free file uploader, such as Google Docs, PasteBin  or tinyUpload.com whichever is easiest

Another thing to try:

1. Create a folder at C://Wurm
  2. Download the Low Memory Client to that folder
  3. Install it at C://Wurm

Sometimes this works better than working through programFIles or Users folders as there is less Windows protection interfering.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Moved to Wurm Online Technical Issues.

Also, you may want to ensure you are running 64 bit java if on a 64 bit system. That is the cause of many stability issues.

Hey! sorry its been so long! im still trying to work things out. i cant seem to find any wurm folder anywhere.... nor a way through the client to find the folder its in, the only thing takes me to my java cache. I dont know what to do....

If it works... i can post the crashlog i get from mac when i force quit the client....

The bad news is, if this is a mac, it might well be related to this (unsolved) problem with certain macs:

if you are able to open java viewer, some people in other cases have had to clear wurm froom java cache and then try again

How do I clear the Java cache?

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Edited by Brash_Endeavors