Sign in to follow this  
AJBlack

Gamma Changes In Game Options

I've been playing the game on different devices, and the lighting varies strongly between the different ones. On my television screen, I can see clearly even at night, however on my laptop even with a lantern it is difficult to see from dusk till after dawn, and with shadows active, even then. I am now using a separate gamma control program in order to make the game playable, but it would be amazing to see a gamma adjustment feature implemented in the game itself. There can certainly be restrictions on it to not make it exploitable, but the differences on a variety of devices are too great to ignore.

• Like 8

+1 I want to lower my gamma. I no longer get the creeps when walking into a cave because everything is visible. Wish night worked like that too.

• Like 1

+1.  I'm having a really hard time seeing at night now.  The lights look pretty and all but don't really light things up much unless you're close to them

• Like 2

I can now confirm that a brightness slider will be added in the next update or two (I think the next but not 100% sure, it's on test if you want to jump on and try it out)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I can now confirm that a brightness slider will be added in the next update or two (I think the next but not 100% sure, it's on test if you want to jump on and try it out)

nifty

Nice that there is a brightness adjustment slider now, but I'd rather have seen a gamma adjustment option like requested in the OP to differentiate better between objects during nighttime.

Increasing brightness, instead of gamma, just makes the whole image brighter, so black will quickly become more white so it appears to be overexposed. In my opinion this ruins the nighttime feel more than gamma.

YQ9I95H.jpg

• Like 3

I second the request for a true gamma adjustment.  Fortunately my ne laptop came with a hit key to bring up a quick gamma adjustment.  The new Wurm slider helps though and I'm grateful we got that far.

• Like 2