Sign in to follow this  
ctaylor77

Serious Lag

Hi everyone.

So I have been getting some pretty serious lag in game. I tether my internet off my phone, have been for about a yr. now. I updated my client, updated java, turned all my in game settings down ( a lot ). My desktop is more than capable to handle this game. I have been running Wurm just fine on a 64 bit system now for some time, even before my tethering when I had cable internet speeds. I lag so bad that the game freezes for random stents and then stops for a few seconds and then freezes again.

If there's any info you would like , please let me know and tell me step by step on how to get it and post it. As I am abit computer illiterate.

Thanks, Nipo

Do you run the server yourself? Is it lag like refreshing waiting for actions to finish or fps issues? 

You posted this in wurm unlimited section - Did you mean to? Or in Wurm Online ? If you get lag on a wurm unlimited server it may be because of where the server is based. Otherwise if for Wurm Online we have a tech problem section on the wurm online main forum page, might get a better response there :) Anyway good luck,.

If its freezing (frame lag, memory leaking) increase the heap size right click WU in steam > properties > set launch options and paste in -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m depending on how much ram you have,  recommend setting 1/4 of your total ram, also post your PC specs. (processor, ram amount, graphics card).