Sign in to follow this  
Victor

BSB bugs and no wood scrap from crafting

So we are having an issue with our bulk storage bins on my non-modded server. When we put in strings of cloth, it doesn't let us take them back out and registers a 0.00 weight cloth in the bins no matter how many we put in.

And on a second issue, no wood scrap is being made when we make planks or shafts. They initially were produced, but no more.

Figured out the wood scrap issue. We had created some logs in GM mode and they weren't given a wood type, so they weren't giving scrap.

Still having the issue with string of cloth in the BSB though. The strings were made the real way.

The string having 0.0 weight is actualy it have 0.0001 weight or something like that.  Just drag and drop another string into the BSB and you can then remove it, for a work around on the bug.

I had a rare lump do that once when it had 0.1 and I used to imp something. It sat in my bag as 0.0 till I sacrificed it.

Yes, we put more string in and nothing, can't take out any.

Retro, I run no mods or mod loader. It's stock WU.

Is it with any bsb? any string? As a GM try destroying the string item and putting more in

Destroyed the string in both BSBs as even as a GM I couldn't remove them. Making 10 strings and putting them in allowed me to take them back out and in several times, even as a player.

Sounds like an id mismatch, which can be pretty dangerous. The wood scraps for example overwrite other things in the database and creates a big madness, destroying your server. I mean I could be wrong and this is just some other weird bug, but the signs are there so take care about this problem. 

I highly recommend to check the ids, this problem could lead to the complete destruction of your server.

Here is an example of what could happen more and more, with new items created.

Edited by Sklo:D

8 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Is that the same symptom people get with a corrupted database?

I have never seen a corrupted database yet. A real corruption is a result of missing database parts for example during a hard drive failure, or any other errors resulting in some parts going missing. You can't corrupt a database by crashing the server.

The error I have shown in this thread is a result of miscarriage on the database. People who don't know what they do will quickly run into this issue, you only have to edit some wrong fields in wurmlogin.db or use another wurmlogin.db from a newer server where id fields are less high. The big problem with this bug is that there is no chance to repair the damage made.

Edited by Sklo:D

For the string adding a full piece of string won't help. You pull it out in default size each piece. So putting 10 default sizes in the tiny partial  piece won't have anything to combine to. Use a string that is not full weight. Just imp something a time or two, add that to bsb and pull out string with added .001 or so weight. I have seen this on multiple servers I've played on including my own, Sklo,  and Mythmoor. Never seen the woods crap issue so can't interject on that one.

Edited by Jerone0601