Sign in to follow this  
Benie

The new water color looks way off

Disclaimer: The following is all my opinion.

Came back to Wurm a day ago since the changes of the experimental release were moved over to the stable branch, and I have to say, the new color of the water is... why? The lake infront of my deed is emerald green, so is the canal that goes into said deed.

I liked the original color. It looked more realistic. If this wasn't a change to the color of water at all (but the way it's reflecting the area around it), I..just don't like it. I'm sorry. I don't know what it is, but the emerald green is really ruining it for me. It's like a ton of algae was pumped into the water.

Is there a way to switch back to the original?

Edited by Benie

Wait until its another time in the game, I figured its green in the "mornings" and "evenings" but blue in the day. Thats the way my client shows the water.

It's still being tweaked and will possibly be changed next update. Right now though changing water detail in the settings should help (and it does no major performance difference, just reflections do)

• Like 1

It is a green coat in daytime also, at least when swimming and terraforming i like I do for weeks on end for my bridge project.

And at night I see nothing so I loose alot of gametime.

Seriously got worse in that special situation.

9 hours ago, Benie said:

I don't know what it is, but the emerald green is really ruining it for me. It's like a ton of algae was pumped into the water.

In Wurm this is what is called *thought pollution*. When the Developers overthink a concept it results in excesses. Then when the thought process overheats they take a quick dip into the endless pool of Wurm (warm) waters. Since all servers are linked together it spreads throughout them and thus the organic release of overthought melds forth. I caution to have no fear since soon the evaporate will be reabsorbed by them to enhance even further creativity that may emerge into the more conventional shades of blue. This then is called the Blue Moon phase, which when it *once* was shall be what it has been, although it first must be *in a* to fit the refrain.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
*'s

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

In Wurm this is what is called *thought pollution*. When the Developers overthink a concept it results in excesses. Then when the thought process overheats they take a quick dip into the endless pool of Wurm (warm) waters. Since all servers are linked together it spreads throughout them and thus the organic release of overthought melds forth. I caution to have no fear since soon the evaporate will be reabsorbed by them to enhance even further creativity that may emerge into the more conventional shades of blue. This then is called the Blue Moon phase, which when it *once* was shall be what it has been, although it first must be *in a* to fit the refrain.

=Ayes=

Don;t worry guys, Ayes seems to have drunk all the excess overthinking water.

As samool said, we'll continue to tweak it, some things like this are a work in progress

• Like 4

there are a few issues with the client still, dyes on walls/fences don't match for example, hopefully its all sorted soon.

4 hours ago, Cecci said:

That's what Ayes said also!

You too?

=Ayes=

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Glad to know it's still being worked on.

I actually like it.  At first it seemed a bit too green but a couple adjustments and it's very pleasant now.   :)

Edited by Amadee

Water comes in all colours. Some of the most enticing tourist destinations feature emerald green water.

15 hours ago, Amadee said:

I actually like it.  At first it seemed a bit too green but a couple adjustments and it's very pleasant now.   :)

I agree with this, it seems to fit in better with the trees and shadows well.

I'm not sure if it would ever be " tweaked " to please everyone.