3 hours ago, Ayes said:

This is just a threat from that poster to inflict his displeasure (misery) upon others. In effect he says "You give me tree collision then I will cut them all down! Ha, ha!" Childish really

In case you were referring to me and others like me: It's neither a threat nor are we being childish - In order for us to be able to enjoy the game we'd need to rid ourselves of the forest. And if you feel offended by us removing trees surrounding our own deeds I think you're the one inflicting your "displeasure" upon others by trying to make us out to be villains just because you feel that rifts have already decimated the amount of available trees.

It's not necessary for every debate to have a villain which you can slag with ridiculous accusations in order to make your own opinion heard - Sometimes there are opinions that stand in contrast to each other that can be put forth without calling others names. For immersion people can walk around the trees on their own, and yet we're all being forced to endure tree collison while people like you try to make us out to be childish for voicing our concerns regarding having to deforest in order to deal with the problem.

• Like 2

I'd be remiss to not give mention here to the following as i try to be fair well rounded in perspective... sometime back..biggest complaints about game aside of pvp were bugs not addressed and communication of changes lacking in timing or at all.  I've had my own concerns over time yet freely give acknowledgement of great effort as well.  Dev Team has been daft punk technologic in slaying problems and offering new things for us to amuse with..can't say enough about about how well dev team smashing it here.  In that same ferver and spirit I have to bring light to the improvement in communication..there has been a large change in that player base is now advised of changes to come to give us adequate time to adjust, debate, test server guinea pigging,  rereview with willingness to change vs entrenchment.  This has been an exponential improvement from the past where things were sprung..likely mostly due to after thought in business than lack of desire or intent to inform/share.  This lastest update really showcases how the relationship of Game team to player is changing.   I do love this game and it can be easy to digress in frustration but equally we must see how much the team is also committed back to us as well.  Ty...now..to realistic gravel paths and saddlebags.....the never ending appetite for trying to suck more marrow from the life of wurm

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Aeris said:

In case you were referring to me and others like me: It's neither a threat nor are we being childish - In order for us to be able to enjoy the game we'd need to rid ourselves of the forest. And if you feel offended by us removing trees surrounding our own deeds I think you're the one inflicting your "displeasure" upon others by trying to make us out to be villains just because you feel that rifts have already decimated the amount of available trees.

It's not necessary for every debate to have a villain which you can slag with ridiculous accusations in order to make your own opinion heard - Sometimes there are opinions that stand in contrast to each other that can be put forth without calling others names. For immersion people can walk around the trees on their own, and yet we're all being forced to endure tree collison while people like you try to make us out to be childish for voicing our concerns regarding having to deforest in order to deal with the problem.

and this my friends is why you traverse lightly and don't run roughshod on comments..a highly articulate ginsu knife with pile driver attachment kit is what you get back.  Moreover shout out to aussies here, i've learned about boomerangs..they can be deadly.  Not to mention home to ciggybuttbrain and friends with williebumbum.    I suspect more than cotton , troll tooth n black mushroom healing cover gonna be needed after this 

Edited by Bloodscythe

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

In case you were referring to me

Actually I didn't even have you in mind with my remark about it being a childish response to go about deforesting trees as a payback to everyone else for the tree collision deal. Perhaps I should have quoted the several posts of the person that I was referring to so you did not become offended because of some guilty feeling about it.

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

I don't see my statement as being in the least ridiculous, nor did I refer to others "voicing concerns" as being childish. What is childish would be the response to the situation. Neither does anyone need ("having to") to deforest large random areas to deal with tree collision. It is a very thoughtless response that implies within it more a revengeful one. I don't like tree collisions either but I am not about to blithely go around cutting down forests in preference to either staying out of them or just zig-zagging around within them. My concerns might be even greater that yours since I have spent much of my time within these forests tending to them; but, yes I will admit that I am more concerned about these forests than I am about you. Less even for those who will then deforest large random areas in response.

As for ridiculousness, it certainly has its place within these forums to lighten the mood when no rational response will be accepted due to old wounds that time has never healed. Yeah, there are villains too within all of this, it just depends upon one's point of view. I let those who can think for *themselves* make their own choices on where they stand, or even sit.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I was neither offended nor do I feel guilty about anything, I simply cannot stand it when people play morally superior in order to gain leverage in a discussion where it is not appropriate to do so. And rather than addess the person you had issues with directly you talked about them because you'd already made up your mind in that they're being childish rather than asking them about their intentions. You are not so morally superior that you get to decide what the intention behind other people's posts are, nor do you get to decide what is and what isn't a thoughtless response based on your own preferences.

• Like 1

High slopes also hinder movement, should devs make all maps flat/or someone wants to dig all maps flat?

And I am not joking here. When there was tree collision, you didn't have to make a full circle around the tree to get past it. Just slight tap on keyboard, to change course couple of degrees and you were already past it, hardly affected your speed. So I was more worried about "hidden" slopes, on which horse couldn't walk on.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Aeris said:

I was neither...

I really had to go back and reread my post that started you off in this direction. From your further responses to this I get nothing of the impressions that you have put forth and end this one with. My only suggestion is that You reread my first post that you responded to and examine your further reactions to it. A bit out of place they seem to me, which leads me to believe that there is something more behind your reaction than what I have actually posted.

All that aside, the Forests of Wurm add much beauty to the game environments. When players threaten to clear cut them down because they are upset about the tree collision change they are being childish. There are other ways to go about dealing with the change that are too obvious to go into, which further point out this childish stomping of the feet response.

When players clear cut Forests and don't replant the trees they are being selfish. When Developers randomly destroy 2,500 trees with game mechanics they are being shortsighted and callous. When players cut down Forests to build their deeds this is understandable. I have no control of what other players do within the game, only my reaction to it.

This is my viewpoint and of course you may judge it in any way you choose. I think I have made it clear and of course I "want to make my opinion heard" otherwise I would not be posting about it here. Same as you. I see no "ridiculous accusations" being slung within my statements, only my perception of the way things are. When I am being ridiculous with my posts I don't think it is too hard to tell.

I see no positive outcome of discussing this issue with you further, therefore I won't. Perhaps in the future I might *Like* a comment you make in another post. That is called maturity and a rational response. Yeah, ain't I wonderful! Till we meet again...

=Ayes=

It's just incredibly funny because the entire premise of your claim is that "the other person" would upset his neighbours by "threatening to cut down trees" and you immediately assumed that this was the case and called them out for being childish. Then you went on a self-righteous rant because you were so sure that this had to be the case, and instead of re-examining your response after I questioned your assessment you continued on with the whole childishness argument (and I see that now you also added "selfish" to the mix) and you even went as far as to question my moral standing in all of this just because I didn't agree with you.

Want to know how I know that it's not childish feet stomping as you insist of calling it because of your make-believe moral highground? Okay, here goes: For the entire argument to make sense the tree cutting actions have to upset someone or at the very least make someone uncomfortable, right? I know for a fact that the person's clearcutting won't upset anyone and that they're not stating it as a threat but as a fact and in order to display how the tree collision will be dealt with.

And how do I know this, you wonder? (or would've wondered, if you hadn't been so sure of your own assessment) Well, thank you for asking: I am that person's neighbour, my friends are all that person's neighbour and none of us would be upset. Your so called "perception of the way things are" aren't always the truth and you shouldn't base entire arguments on them, which I'm hoping is the adult conclusion you're able to draw from all of this

OK, so you know exactly how every player in wurm reacts to cut down trees?

Hilarious.

To Ayes:  I was too tactfully subtle before in the hint of boomerangs and roughshod comments that i think it was lost.  It is probably best to concede assumptions and presumptions and internal biases were made in your reaction to others comments on tree collision and acknowledge false suppositions then to entrench on something hard to defend at this point.  Also, remember when changes are made some adapt slower than others and it brings about anxiety to some and strong feelings..to that it's best not to ascribing merit or lack of to someone's reactions.  Just in timing alone it's a bad idea let alone for other reasons.  The beauty of this game is it can be played in as many different ways as there are players with no "right" way existing nor "wrong" way unless that play style violates game rules.  Respecting those differences is part of the sandbox compromise.  From time to time we all could do better making accommodation for our fellow wurmians.  We are a purposeful and simultaneously reluctant family.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:19 AM, Cecci said:

I'm really happy I can soon rest against trees again when out climbing-

This really should not be up to trees but something we need climbing tools for, e.g. ropes, picks etc.  I asked one of my mountain climbing friends who said that any mountain in Wurm worth the name should be sheer rock face any way, not dotted with trees.

I personally dislike solid trees as I am always on my cart going from place to place.  With the new update I have staggered/jerking game play as it is, and not being able to avoid running into trees as the game does not show immediate vision and changing direction will soon become a chore.  I tried the collisions of the new, thinner trees on WU and still got caught between some olives if they are planted close to each other.  People can have opinions for and against and it does not matter one little bit, because we have been  informed that tree collisions are coming back, so that is the end of it.  No amount of debate or discussion or commenting or crying will change it.

All that on the side though, may I say that I have enjoyed reading all the comments in this thread, as the use of language as a tool of communication was superb.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

but something we need climbing tools for, e.g. ropes, picks etc. 

I think this sounds like a really interesting idea, and definitely something that would be useful if for example one of your horses gets loose and decides to become a mountain goat!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

This really should not be up to trees but something we need climbing tools for, e.g. ropes, picks etc. 

+1 yus, this would be very cool and a fun side foray into traversing wurm.  Your shine keeps just getting better, new profile pic perfecto.  At this point they game should have a cart for you that has the sparkle dust coming off it like the yule reindeer...just seems like something you'd have as an orb or aura about you.  could be used to blind mobs while being chased through the plinko trees.  Keep on shining and spreading that glitter dust about.

• Like 2

I personally vividly remember having to dodge trees as a noob. I like that this will be true again for wandering the wilderness.I think I have become complacent running through trees on my horse. I also appreciated gaining stamina on hills from leaning against trees. I also like some of the suggestions in previous posts re: having climbing tools. Sounds interesting.

Edited by Verotika
added content

Last time when they implemented tree collision some 4 years ago, it was a complete disaster.

I am confident this will now be implemented in a better way, which will only increase the quality of the game (next up is creature collision I hope).

Back to Jaz's question on horse corpse's. I live in a large village with several members, and I usually remove my horses gear just in case they die on me while I'm offline and away from my house plot, usually doing village stuff.

But point I'm getting too is if they are branded and die what's to keep someone with sticky fingers from getting my gear if I leave it on the horses from now on?

Since anybody in our village can manage and brand animals even if I change the settings to only me, they can revert them at some point accidently or on purpose. So that leaves me with doing what I been doing or checking the settings everyday unless there is something in this update that locks out anybody but me after I remove the manage perms. on them.

2 hours ago, Talohan said:

Back to Jaz's question on horse corpse's. I live in a large village with several members, and I usually remove my horses gear just in case they die on me while I'm offline and away from my house plot, usually doing village stuff.

But point I'm getting too is if they are branded and die what's to keep someone with sticky fingers from getting my gear if I leave it on the horses from now on?

Since anybody in our village can manage and brand animals even if I change the settings to only me, they can revert them at some point accidently or on purpose. So that leaves me with doing what I been doing or checking the settings everyday unless there is something in this update that locks out anybody but me after I remove the manage perms. on them.

Well living in a village with many members comes down to your trust, and not much can be done short of locking your horse up inside a building while you are away. Which still is not 100% safe as a villager could bash into your building and take your stuff regardless. Only way to avoid all this is to live as a hermit on your own deed.