Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Another "Server is not Starting" post

Hey there

Sorry for posting another one, but none of the solutions on the other threads helped me this time.

I am trying to setup a brand new secondary server, so this is a new install, force_install_dir set to wu as always.

app_update 402370 to install

I tried reloading modloader, from scratch, I did validation, I did it all.

The only thing that is different from the working server and this one is a custom map, but I used a fresh db from the dist/ directory, and only put the map files in there. I then start it with start=Creative (which is the fresh sqlite files and custom map)

After all was tried and retried, I still get this old infamous Null pointer exception

[04:35:02 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod as serverpacks (v0.27-a4bc21c)
[04:35:02 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.spellmod.SpellMod as spellmod (v0.27-a4bc21c)
[04:35:02 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.bdew.wurm.hotsfixes.HotsFixes as hotsfixes (unversioned)
[04:35:03 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: Added pack D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A for pack mods/creaturedemo/creaturepack.jar
[04:35:03 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain: WurmServerGuiMain starting
Should start without GUI here!
[04:35:03 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.folders.Folders.setCurrent(Folders.java:55)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.setCurrentFolder(WurmServerGuiController.java:517)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startDB(WurmServerGuiController.java:1259)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.main(WurmServerGuiMain.java:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:30)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
    at PatchedLauncher.main(PatchedLauncher.java:20)

I have no more ideas, but since the exception happens on the org.gotti namespace, it must be related to modloader from ago, correct?

Removed all mods, (disabled). Tried repatching.

TOday I moved the world directory into a perfectly working server, with it's own ports, etc configured, and still this remains.

This cannot be any issue relating to files, as I know they work on this server.

Something with this world is not starting up, and it makes no sense, it's brand new.

(which reminds me, this is a custom world, generated with WGenerator and the sqlite/ dir copied from dist into it).

[01:49:07 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.folders.Folders.setCurrent(Folders.java:55)

Need a bit more try catch there :(

Edited by Marlon

This happens when there is no game folder or the game can find one.

Each of the game folders has a few status files:

* originaldir: The folder is one of the distributed maps. They reside in dist\MAPNAME. This folder can not be used directly as a game map but is copied to a regular game folder.

* gamedir: Marks game folders

* currentdir: This is the current game folder

You can probably create a  file "gamedir" in the folder and everything will run fine

• Like 1