Sign in to follow this  
Sindusk

Spellcraft - Control the Spell System

Is there anyway you could make it so that we can change the name of the default deities?

• Like 1

My Bag of Holding spell is no longer working properly, and I'm just wondering whether it's possible that it's related to my having added this Spellcraft mod. Does anyone know of any possible conflicts, perhaps with the Expand spell or something else?

Hey, just wanna say that i am loving this mod so far, but could you help me?

I find 6 dirt each cast a bit low for the dirt spell of Fo, so could you tell me if and how i could possibly change that amount using this mod?

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, jopiesaus said:

Hey, just wanna say that i am loving this mod so far, but could you help me?

I find 6 dirt each cast a bit low for the dirt spell of Fo, so could you tell me if and how i could possibly change that amount using this mod?

Thanks in advance.

You'd have to edit the mod code and do some reflection. Sindusks' library makes it easier. Here's the code snippet I use on my server, which fills a container with 100 dirt or up to the max capacity, whichever's lower. This should be called during the server's preinit, where you'll find other similar code snippets in spellcraft. Keep in mind this was written as a modification for another mod, so you'll have to replace Class<QualityOfLife> thisClass with whatever class you put the snippet into.

final Class<QualityOfLife> thisClass = QualityOfLife.class;
Util.setReason("Allow dirt to add up to 100 dirt to a container.");
            CtClass ctDirt = classPool.get("com.wurmonline.server.spells.Dirt");
            replace = "$1 = 100;"
                    + "$_ = $proceed($$);";
            Util.instrumentDeclared(thisClass, ctDirt, "doEffect", "min", replace);

• Like 1

6 hours ago, conco said:

You'd have to edit the mod code and do some reflection. Sindusks' library makes it easier. Here's the code snippet I use on my server, which fills a container with 100 dirt or up to the max capacity, whichever's lower. This should be called during the server's preinit, where you'll find other similar code snippets in spellcraft. Keep in mind this was written as a modification for another mod, so you'll have to replace Class<QualityOfLife> thisClass with whatever class you put the snippet into.

final Class<QualityOfLife> thisClass = QualityOfLife.class;
Util.setReason("Allow dirt to add up to 100 dirt to a container.");
            CtClass ctDirt = classPool.get("com.wurmonline.server.spells.Dirt");
            replace = "$1 = 100;"
                    + "$_ = $proceed($$);";
            Util.instrumentDeclared(thisClass, ctDirt, "doEffect", "min", replace);

Thank you for the information, and i did try to mess around with it for a few hours, but my knowledge of java is very limited, so far so that all i can do with that piece of code is estimate the functionality of it

On 9/2/2018 at 12:03 AM, Batta said:

My Bag of Holding spell is no longer working properly, and I'm just wondering whether it's possible that it's related to my having added this Spellcraft mod. Does anyone know of any possible conflicts, perhaps with the Expand spell or something else?

Did you ever find the issue Batta?

1 hour ago, Lostinspace said:

Did you ever find the issue Batta?

If there had to be a choice between them, then Expand is preferable since Bag of Holding can't be applied to things by GMs with a wand (using the Item>Enchant feature) but Expand can.  Also, since the two spells can be stacked, if you can have both of them it's better because having BoH 30 and Expand 30 on something (or any low cast) is much more powerful than either alone.

Edited by Batta

1.9 update and this error:

Spoiler

SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.spells.SummonSoul.<init>(IIIIJ)V

org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.spells.SummonSoul.<init>(IIIIJ)V

Sindusk can you update mod?

this topic is probably out dated, he moved this mod in with his others, so try there for the updated mod.

When becoming a champion does it set your faith to max or just 100? The server I play caps at 500 and I think it'd suck if it brought my faith down from 200 to 100.

9 hours ago, Zyzyx said:

When becoming a champion does it set your faith to max or just 100? The server I play caps at 500 and I think it'd suck if it brought my faith down from 200 to 100.

I don't know the answer. The servers I run always disabled champions so I never tested. If I were to guess (knowing the code of Wurm), I imagine it will decrease your faith down to 100.

Sindusk is correct, this was the behavior in 1.8. I can't see any reason why they would have changed it for 1.9

I can confirm that it will in fact set your faith to 100 regardless of the server maximum.

Just consider me a complete idiot. How do I actually change the maximum faith value and other values listed that are configurable? 

I am trying for the life of me to edit the spells allowed by gods, I can add one spell but as soon as I add any more than that it disables everything any advice on how to?

Question is there a easy way to give remove priest limitations and make all spells available? A problem i am having is i am inly able to gain one skill level at a time yet i have the unlimited skill gain true any ideas?

Maybe spellmod and spellcraft are not compatible anymore?

Hello does anyone know how to fix this? INFO mod.sin.spellcraft.SpellcraftCustomSpells: Could not insert water item for Replenish, decaying the water. 

Edit: its randomly working again

Edited by Luka

Hey, This may be a necro post but I had a question and cant seem to find any solid info on it ( maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? )

Does Harden affect damage to armor from combat.

EDIT: After eating through the code with a buddy we found yes it does. I'll leave this here in case we misread the code and are in fact wrong.

Edited by grimmjinnhex