Sign in to follow this  
sandokhan

Ugly Rift rewarding system needs an overhaul!

I feel like at the moment it's just not worth doing rifts, at all. They can take up to 3 hours and a bit, they're not exactly hard, people do them on 3 characters at the same time, the mobs don't really give you any skill, they're too tough for weapon skill and deal too little damage for shield gain, the FS would probably not be lacking unless 20 people tagged every little one of them. In the end you'll get probably a lump and 1-2 shoulder pads, thats pretty much the norm so you'll make about 1-5 silver. Now consider this, you'll make 1-5 silver but not gain anything else, not fun, not body stats, not combat skills, nothing. I found that in the 5 hours it takes me to find the rift, complete it and come back to my home i could make 1-3 silver by just hunting sheep or cows, at least my weapon skill would grow at least my body stats would grow. I could be making tools and sell 80ql ones for 15c each i would make more silver, get more body strength and even grind blacksmithing.... Rifts are a scam imo

• Like 1

I've been to plenty of rifts on epic and one on inde so far, and when I'm in a group I follow one simple guideline, fight whatever is dying, or more dead than the other.  It's not "tagging", it's actually fighting, and yet despite not doing this "tagging and not fighting" I normally have the highest or near highest in points.  I've had to back out plenty of times even on freedom with a larger group and that's with drake/sotg so I'd say I'm tanking some things too

I don't get the idea of tagging especially if it doesn't always benefit anything.  Also, why is it an issue that someone gamed a higher score than someone else?  Is it the monetary value?  Are people upset and jealous that someone else got to make a few copper more?  Why are people even associating winning with it being a monetary reward?  I never understood the concept of that, where is the normal enjoying your reward for what it is?  I just can't help but wonder regardless, why does the score matter?  Why don't you just try to enjoy the event for what it is?  I mean... we could just have the points capped (per wave so you don't just do one and leave) or something so everyone can get the same number but then we're still subject to rng.  They got more items than me rng is unfair!  Ok are we assigning a number of items per score so everyone gets the same number of items so we can now complain that someone else got a better item?  Stop overthinking honestly, it's just a game

• Like 1

ez fix 10sec buff if you hit a rift mob ya get it. if your with in local range ya get a point when it dies.

get the buff from healing players ((timer of buff can be changed))

6 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

30 copper!? Where do you get that number? Are you billing for the wear and tear on your shoes for running? 15 chopped veggies is more than 70 favor and at 10 iron per veggie thats 1.5 copper. Make it x3 for chopped veggies maybe? Thats 4.5 copper.

If your paying 30 copper for 15 chopped veggies you're getting ripped off, my man. You should change your supplier. 

I think he meant the cost of gems?

I play Sme priest as a main for couple of months already and I burn through 20-40 full 30ql+ gems per Rift. I know I could use altars for favor, but what's the point of playing as a battle mage if I would need to go to altar every 3 minutes to sacriface some veggies?

Also, for Gods sake, can someone fix bracelets? It's been 1.5 year since it was promised to be done 'soon'. Thanks!

I personally feel Rifts should be once a month. Having done my first Rift (and having another one popping up a week later), felt like a 'community grind event'.

Though I also support that people who put in more effort, should be rewarded more. Fair's fair.

I actualy didn't start this topic for discussing about the rewards but the awful system behind this participation list.

And how people are affected by it...because this participationscore seems to influence how many rewards people get.

But ok i will tell the differences in my case: With a score of 141 i was 2nd on the participation list and got 1 ada lump, 2 shoulderpads 2 seryll jewells and 10 riftwood. With a score of 90 i was very down in the list and got 1 seryll lump and 3 riftwood. Quite a difference if i may say...

I hope that this will not encourage more and more people to play tagger. Because like i discribed it makes people selfish and this doesnt belong in a teamevent.

The participationscore of a person should be based (imo) for the most on how busy/occupied he/she was during the event. And a smaller part based on skills and or damaged caused. This last thing is very important for developers and how well they are able to balance it. Because there's quite a difference between weapons and the damage they cause. For example i use still a longsword and they are infamous for their low dmg output.

I think this whole rift thing needs an overhaul to make it pleasant for everyone...for newer people with lower fightingskills as well for the veterans.

So how do we persuade the devs to work on this matter?

6 hours ago, archer said:

I think he meant the cost of gems?

I play Sme priest as a main for couple of months already and I burn through 20-40 full 30ql+ gems per Rift. I know I could use altars for favor, but what's the point of playing as a battle mage if I would need to go to altar every 3 minutes to sacriface some veggies?

Also, for Gods sake, can someone fix bracelets? It's been 1.5 year since it was promised to be done 'soon'. Thanks!

That makes more sense. But as a Sme priest myself, I can go to the altar, sac, come back, cast, and end up #1 on the list all the time by a very high margin. So using gems is a choice, really, not a necessity.

Why is tagging an issue? Because taggers dont really help the rift. Taggers always end up with high scores, getting rewarded more, while at the same time increasing the number of participants and not helping kill, thus making the rift take much longer. Its like those who use alts to get a half decent score then park them in carts on top of the altars blocking your access, making it more difficult to cast.

I am not 100% sure but I believe more people means more mobs per wave? So taggers not only do not help, but if this is the case, they also make the rift more difficult for those who actually are able to kill mobs. Thats why its an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

That makes more sense. But as a Sme priest myself, I can go to the altar, sac, come back, cast, and end up #1 on the list all the time by a very high margin. So using gems is a choice, really, not a necessity.

Well, I've been on early morning Rifts, where there was 6-7 of us fighting. Staying in Rift Area and actually doing damage to mobs instead of leaving every 3-4 minutes makes the difference. It's not about being 1st on the list, it's about closing the Rift so it's not open for 3-4 hours.

Also I agree, Rift feels like grind, not like a fun event. Especially when there's more than 20 people participating and they're tagging.

• Like 1

I normally try to participate more as a priest. I provide heals for others when needed, but I go back to recharge after each cast, then return to fight. Always end up top of the list though, the few times I have done it anyways.

Participation flags are tricky especially on a game like ours. How should it be done, then, if not by mobs fought?

Yes, I did mean in gems :P

The thing is, is it really bad that tagging works?  I think tagging should just be rewarded a little less than actual killing.  Rather than nerfing their score, just buff the score of successful killers.

I wonder if this is another topic that is again ignored by the devs. Everybody knows rift mechanics and spawns suck and no word about it 

29 minutes ago, sandokhan said:

I wonder if this is another topic that is again ignored by the devs. Everybody knows rift mechanics and spawns suck and no word about it 

Or maybe they have better things to do than constantly respond to public slagging off?  Who knows, they might actually be busy writing code or something...

It's not public slagging off...it's more like begging all the time and people never get heared. 

There are some ideas about changes in this topic that can be used by the devs. We all want a more pleasant game to play and there's definitely some space to improve rift-mechanics.

As a guess, when the overall population is lower than it should be and epic has servers that see 0 players online, modifying a working rift system just because someone can play games and make more copper than someone else is probably pretty low on the importance scale

Uhm...did i caused the Exodus from WO to WU?

Ive been a loyal player and so are others that are concerned about Rifts. We want to keep playing this game. So devs should hear us definitely.

On 15/09/2017 at 10:24 PM, Mickaell said:

I feel like at the moment it's just not worth doing rifts, at all. They can take up to 3 hours and a bit, they're not exactly hard, people do them on 3 characters at the same time, the mobs don't really give you any skill, they're too tough for weapon skill and deal too little damage for shield gain, the FS would probably not be lacking unless 20 people tagged every little one of them. In the end you'll get probably a lump and 1-2 shoulder pads, thats pretty much the norm so you'll make about 1-5 silver. Now consider this, you'll make 1-5 silver but not gain anything else, not fun, not body stats, not combat skills, nothing. I found that in the 5 hours it takes me to find the rift, complete it and come back to my home i could make 1-3 silver by just hunting sheep or cows, at least my weapon skill would grow at least my body stats would grow. I could be making tools and sell 80ql ones for 15c each i would make more silver, get more body strength and even grind blacksmithing.... Rifts are a scam imo

Do you have fun hunting sheep or cows... If you sell your mats instead of utilizing them then I think thats on you. The runes buff materials heavily and its a method for people strictly in PvE to get moon metals. Unshatterable seryll tools/weapons are pretty awesome imo. No amount of hunting sheep and cows, or making iron/steel tools at 80ql can give me that.

And I dont know where people are experiencing this "tagging" issue. I make it near the top of the list almost every time just by targeting whatever is dying the fastest and trying to hit it. Only time I get further down the list is when im getting attacked, and if thats something you are having an issue with then... get gud? better armor, go in defensive and fight it in a group in hopes somebody will join in (somebody most likely will at some point). If targeting 1 thing until it dies moves me up high in the participation ranks, then im assuming stuff is working fine. Only thing that gets you higher is being a Light Of Fo spell spammer with favor ready in a cart.

• Like 2

I feel bad when i'm playing selfish...until the devs change this bad system people will keep playing tagger and that means certain people in the group will suffer