Sign in to follow this  
Sindusk

1024x1024 Maps Not Supported

I've tried for a bit of time to get a 1024x1024 map to load. Even without Ago's Modloader, it fails to start.

A freshly generated 1024 map works for me.

Do you have land near the border? any error in the server console? 

I'm not sure on the exact limits, as the artificial borders are placed inland closer, this generator had a gap of 64 tiles

Sorry for the hasty response. Here's the more detailed error, not running Ago's modlauncher. The map was generated using Budda's WGenerator and all I did was click "Generate 1024", "Drop Dirt", "Generate Ores", "Save Map" to get this result. I can keep trying some new map iterations and see if I can get it working.

Here is the map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwa_8zI0xSlHcHBjYnRuaWhESmc

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1774)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1657)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8413)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3757)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:381)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$354(GlassViewEventHandler.java:417)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:416)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1771)
        ... 60 more
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:854)
        at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java:119)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1221)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startOfflineBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:152)
        ... 70 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1314349
        at com.wurmonline.mesh.MeshIO.getTile(MeshIO.java:318)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.checkTransition(VolaTile.java:299)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.<init>(VolaTile.java:294)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.getOrCreateTile(Zone.java:1548)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.addFence(Zone.java:2025)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.DbZone.loadFences(DbZone.java:242)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.createZones(Zones.java:1768)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.<clinit>(Zones.java:278)
        ... 74 more

Both buddas and my v2.8.2 maps have loaded, so I'm not sure what's going on here. 

Have you tried resetting the databases? 

Just now, Retrograde said:

Both buddas and my v2.8.2 maps have loaded, so I'm not sure what's going on here. 

Have you tried resetting the databases? 

I ran the "rebuild-dbs" - after I did so it asked me to "update game" on them, but i don't forsee that being an issue (i guess my script is pretty out of date or something). If there's an updated script for rebuilding the databases, how do I obtain it? I steam validated not long ago.

I used the same bat file, and then updated the databases via the launcher, so I'm really not sure what's causing this. 

I'll send you a copy of a map that launched for me

That would help. In the meantime, here's the Wurm.log.0 from when I try launching the server with the super small (300 border) map file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwa_8zI0xSlHcm95TzhNOGJCd2M

"WARNING: Zone 276 at 64, 127-256,319 doesn't cover 557,1283" sounds like there's still some remnant left behind. I completely deleted the databases and ran that script, so I'm unsure how it's still trying to go out of bounds.

Edited by Sindusk

Cool that worked. Thanks. I'm an idiot. Don't mind me. LOL sorry!

I thought so! 

Because adventure is a predefined map with existing items/structures, it needs the map that comes with it, rebuilding the database will still create those items which are outside the 1024 bounds..

Glad to get it sorted though! 

Appreciate the assist. I've been pulling my hair out for hours now trying to figure out why it wasn't working. So few 1k maps exist in the WU server space that I thought they simply weren't supported.

You can lock this thread now. Or delete it to save me my shame. Your call.

• Like 1

I got caught on that problem before too. It's always the leftovers in the database that get you (and I seem to recall the rebuild doesn't clear everything, I think I had to do some manual work).

Deso3 was a 1024 map.

This is caused by the leftovers in the wurmlogin.db in the Servers table. Some last polled tiles are set there, often out of range for a small map. Set them to 0 and it works.

• Like 2