Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Change smoke emitted from open fireplaces

Open fireplaces are emitting thick smoke now on the new client which is quite disturbing on the upper levels in the houses (as these items are lit during all nights unlike forges and ovens). I propose to change the smoke from the fireplaces so a much thinner would be emitted from the firebox itself into the room where the fireplace is set.

EDIT: looking at one post below, I agree: maybe no smoke at all. Unless we only have crap stove builders in Wurm... Maybe fireplaces above a certain ql do not emit smoke anymore?

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

+100 is there even a need for smoke from a fireplace? if stacked, vented and lit properly, there should not be any smoke into the room ;)

• Like 1

+1 I personally don't mind the smoke, but for people who do mind it maybe somewhere in the options you can turn off the smoke or change how it looks (like making it thinner like Jaz said)

• Like 1

Isn't that the settings for particles and effects or something like that?

the effect is fine if this is on the top floor or single floor building, we built a hotel with 7 floors and I put fireplaces on every level at either end, its quite the roar and so much smoke on the floors above multiple fireplaces, not a very good look at all

Not sure how hard it is to program, but making the fireplaces do a check and only emit smoke if there is a roof or open sky above them would be nice. Could copy that to everything that emits smoke, really.

• Like 1

Best option, put in a check that if there is not sky or cave ceiling tile on the structure level about the level the fireplace is on, to show smoke above it... if there's obstruction, remove it.