Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

[Broken Mod] Weird FSB Behaviour

So I've noticed this just after the new cooking system was put into place, however, I thought it was a bug and would eventually get fixed. Though here we are, almost a year later, and this problem is still there.

When you put a chopped veggie or a diced meat into a FSB and then take it out again it turns back into an unchopped/undiced version. So you take out a piece of meat, dice it. Then place it back in the FSB where it is titled "diced meat". But the moment you remove the diced meat from the FSB it returns back to being meat and it can be diced again.

This particularily affects priests who rely on saccing chopped veggies because there is no way to store the chopped veggies without them turning back into unchopped veggies or rotting away.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there is a good reason for it working the way it does.

Edit: I am currently using this mechanism to skill up butchering as I can dice the same 6 meats over and over indefinitely. Is it possible that this is taking advantage of an unintended "feature"

I can't replicate this on my own FSB in WO. Diced meat stays diced, chopped veggies stay chopped.

Edited by Darmalus

13 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

By the way, do chopped veggies stay chopped veggies?

In WO it does 

Moved the thread to WU Tech issues, Hopefully, get it sorted this way if it's a bug.

7 hours ago, shakys said:

Moved the thread to WU Tech issues, Hopefully, get it sorted this way if it's a bug.

Thanks. I do recall this behaviour in WO when the cooking update first came in. I am away from my deed in WO so I havent had a chance to check it. My assumption would be that since it has been changed in WO, then it will soon come to WU, hopefully in the upcoming update.

Hi McGarnicle :)

Yes this is an issue still with WU, hopefully we will get  fix at some point.

However you can store chopped veggies in a larder. At least we do, around 500 at a time.

Valiance and Kaylie

The time of this bug doesnt correlate with any issues from 1.3, given 1.3 came to WO in November, I'll have to investigate it as a separate issue. 

Edit:

Works fine when tested here, what server and mods are you running? 

• Like 1

We run a vanilla no mods server on WU, and putting anything chopped into a FSB stays chopped, putting it into the FSB and pulling it out.  Minced meat will not go into the FSB which is working as intended so you cannot do what the OP mentioned.  

My advice is this is a mod issue.  Not a vanilla issue.

• Like 1

Hey McGarnicle :)

We found what the issue was on Mystic Highlands and fixed it just now. Its working fine again.

Valiance and Kaylie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

Hey McGarnicle :)

We found what the issue was on Mystic Highlands and fixed it just now. Its working fine again.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Thanks Valiance and Kaylie!!