Sign in to follow this  
Aariez

Meditation skill ticks extremely low

I was told by the server I'm on that meditation skill ticks are set much, much lower than on WO.  As an example, this is my latest skill tick using sleep bonus:

[22:00:21] Meditating increased by 0.0223 to 21.5726

Why is the default for WU set like this when everything else is just about equal (on a 1x server)?

Edited by Aariez

im interested in this as well....would take a few years to lvl11 with those ticks :/

from Cults.meditate()

power = meditation.skillCheck(difficulty2, rug, 0.0, !increaseSkill, counter / 3.0f * (1.0f + rug.getRarity() * 0.1f));

Code deciphered: meditation.skillCheck(task difficulty, used rug item, bonus which is 0 here, actually do a skill gain?, how big should the skill gain be if the tick is applied)

Task difficulty is usualy going to be:

difficulty2 = 1 + cultist.getLevel() * 10;

Because I'm pretty sure this will almost always apply:

cultist.getLevel() * 10 - meditation.getRealKnowledge() < 30.0

Unfortunately such a difficulty scheme doesn't fit WU well. In WO they need difficult tasks to get skill gains. In WU we need the easiest task possible to maximize skill gain. I'm sure it's still possible just harder to min-max.

Lastly, and likely most important here, if a server is speeding up the meditation action it will decrease the skill gain.

On 16/09/2017 at 7:24 PM, joedobo said:

from Cults.meditate()

power = meditation.skillCheck(difficulty2, rug, 0.0, !increaseSkill, counter / 3.0f * (1.0f + rug.getRarity() * 0.1f));

Code deciphered: meditation.skillCheck(task difficulty, used rug item, bonus which is 0 here, actually do a skill gain?, how big should the skill gain be if the tick is applied)

Task difficulty is usualy going to be:

difficulty2 = 1 + cultist.getLevel() * 10;

Because I'm pretty sure this will almost always apply:

cultist.getLevel() * 10 - meditation.getRealKnowledge() < 30.0

Unfortunately such a difficulty scheme doesn't fit WU well. In WO they need difficult tasks to get skill gains. In WU we need the easiest task possible to maximize skill gain. I'm sure it's still possible just harder to min-max.

Lastly, and likely most important here, if a server is speeding up the meditation action it will decrease the skill gain.

Thank you for the explanation ... although, I feel a bit lost.  What is "power"?  Is it the skill gain reported for the action or something else?  

If I am interested in knowing why the skill gain in WU is so much less than in WO, then would I have to decipher "counter / 3.0f * (1.0f + rug.getRarity() * 0.1f)"?  If so, what is "counter" and what value does rug.getRarity() carry for a normal rug?  

I don't necessarily want to min/max, but seeing a skill gain of 0.0223 when I'm only at 21 skill would seem to indicate something is wrong.  Or is that working as intended/designed?

Edit: My server does not speed up the action timer - it is the normal 2 minutes.

Edited by Aariez

Do I read correctly that rug rarity adds to the skilltick size? Or simply adds to the success chance? Depends on what power is used for.....

Edited by Jaz