Sign in to follow this  
Locath

Meal and Pizza generator

Thank you for doing all this work.  It has made it very easy for people to make meals instead of pizzas which some of us enjoy.

• Like 3

This is a wonderful tool thank you!

I've been using it and had no issue until today - when I was having the wrong affinity turn out on the meal. 

I repeated thinking perhaps I had mixed up something (this time took a picture before cooking) and had the same result!

Either I'm gone loopy/blind or maybe there is some math wrong for an ingredient?

I was supposed to get mind logic but got nature instead.

I know the calibration entry is correct and I had cooked a successful "beverages" meal just before generating one for ML.  Cooked in same oven and frying pan as the beverages meal had been.

Spoiler

uUKe1Ee.jpg

M2ZmGk0.jpg

@Hannaliese: This is odd. I have re-created this combination at http://wurmfood.com/ and got ML from Icbash's calculations as well so the ingredients are fine. Wurmfood is showing a match for Mind Logic.

Your Currently at:
"Mind Logic"

Looking Good!

Did you successfully generate the ML affinity meal before? Check if your "fix affinities" is ticked, maybe something rolled back with recent updates?

Edit:
One more thing, I have noticed in the past that on occasion the website doesn't parse new choice from the dropdowns to SQL, sort of sticks to one. Reloading the website fixes that. Please give that a try as well.
Edited by Locath

Darn it.. figures it would be something silly on my part.

Up to this point I believed the toon was not bugged but it must be. 

Interestingly enough the calculator I found to say if you are bugged or not does not list ML as an affinity I can not get, but no guarantee the tool was 100% accurate anyhow (or maybe if I cook a nature meal I will get ML! lol).  All the other skills it does list I don't care much about.  I also cooked another freshly generated meal from the azure tool and got nature again.

Now I guess I must think harder on ticking that box or not.  I didn't want to.. I have wine affinities I really like and are quite convenient... *rattles fists in air* why rng gods, why?!

That could explain the issue at least partially, this seems like an isolated incident for some reason. If your toon was bugged, none or very few recipes generated on the website would match the affinity requirement. Weird one and I can't reproduce that bug on my toons. Just as a matter of curiosity, do you happen to have affinity in ML which you didn't have before?

I'm not sure if you are asking if I obtained a new  "real"/*asterisk* affinity in ML- I would LOVE that, but no I have not.

I had also not chanced upon a ML affinity food on my own prior - and had only now tried generating one with your tool figuring it was easy enough and a good enough timer to bother. 

It probably does not help you (assuming there is any help I can actually give) but when I mentioned I made a fresh meal today and it also turned out nature it was only with 7 additional ingredients instead of 19. I didn't bother to "save" those ingredients to compare, but figured with all signs pointing they way they were odds were if the new recipe did not work it likely was not the case of some rogue common-between-dishes ingredient.  Though, if the count on wurmfood.com comes out with the same result as your calculator that is probably a stretch anyhow unless there is something amiss across the board that hasn't come up as an issue to anyone else yet.

I'd mention that given my "starter"/test meal affinity is pickaxe that my end "offset" would be .. I believe +8?.. which might help with attempting to "reproduce" but I'm sure you already took that into consideration with your tests.

I suppose if I come into any other's that don't work I can get you an update.  Anyhow, the tool is still awesome and thank you for making it.

Spoiler
On 3/25/2017 at 4:39 AM, Galatyn said:
  Hide contents
0 mind
1 body
2 soul
3 body control
4 body stamina
5 body strength
6 mind logic
7 mind speed
8 soul depth
9 soul strength
10 Swords
11 Axes
12 Knives
13 Mauls
14 Clubs
15 Hammers
16 Archery
17 Polearms
18 Tailoring
19 Cooking
20 Smithing
21 Weaponsmithing
22 Armour smithing
23 Misc items
24 Shields
25 Alchemy
26 Nature
27 Toys
28 Fighting
29 Healing
30 Religion
31 Thievery
32 War Machines
33 Farming
34 Papyrusmaking
35 Thatching
36 Gardening
37 Meditating
38 Forestry
39 Rake
40 Scythe
41 Sickle
42 Small axe
43 Mining
44 Digging
45 Pickaxe
46 Shovel
47 Pottery
48 Ropemaking
49 Woodcutting
50 Hatchet
51 Leatherworking
52 cloth tailoring
53 masonry
54 blades smithing
55 weapon heads smithing
56 chain armour smithing
57 plate armour smithing
58 shield smithing
59 Blacksmithing
60 dairy food maiking
61 hot food cooking
62 Baking
63 Beverages
64 Longsword
65 Large maul
66 Medium maul
67 Small maul
68 Warhammer
69 Long spear
70 Halberd
71 Staff
72 Carving knife
73 Butchering knife
74 Stone chisel
75 Huge club
76 Saw
77 Butchering
78 Carpentry
79 Firemaking
80 Tracking
81 Small wooden shield
82 Medium wooden shield
83 Large wooden shield
84 Small metal shield
85 Large metal shield
86 Medium metal shield
87 Large axe
88 Huge axe
89 Shortsword
90 Two Handed Sword
91 Hammer
92 Paving
93 Prospecting
94 Fishing
95 Locksmithing
96 Repairing
97 Coal-Making
98 Milling
99 Metallurgy
100 Natural Substances
101 Jewelry Smithing
102 Fine Carpentry
103 Bowyery
104 Fletching
105 Yoyo
106 Puppeteering
107 Toymaking
108 Weaponless fighting
109 Aggressive fighting
110 Defensive fighting
111 Normal fighting
112 First aid
113 Taunting
114 Shield bashing
115 Milking
116 Preaching
117 Prayer
118 Channeling
119 Exorcism
120 Artifacts
121 Foraging
122 Botanizing
123 Climbing
124 Stone cutting
125 Lock picking
126 Stealing
127 Traps
128 Catapults
129 Animal taming
130 Animal husbandry
131 Short bow
132 Long bow
133 Medium bow
134 Ship building
135 Ballistae
136 Trebuchets
137 turrets

Edited by Hannaliese
spoiler

@Hannaliese: If you could prepare the following meal in plain oven as a test and check if it gives you ML?

chopped Corn
chopped Cucumber
chopped Lettuce
chopped Pea
chopped Rosemary
Ground Turmeric
Hazelnuts
minced Insect
Walnut

If it does then for skills which are generated incorrectly choose Alchemy in the skill from test meal dropdown (offset -20 from the real one which is pickaxe) and it should generate ML with required number of ingredients.

I don't know why is this happening but here's a list of skills I couldn't produce correctly for bugged toons. Check any of those as well with minimal number of ingredients to see if your toon is bugged:

Prayer, channeling, exorcizm, artifacts, foraging, botanizing, climbing, stone cutting, lock picking, stealing, traps, catapults, animal taming, animal husbandry, short bow, long bow, med. Bow, ship building, ballistae, trebuchets, turrets - all of those should give incorrect affinity so pick one for test.

I would expect all of the affinities to be generated incorrectly for bugged toons but never tried to test it on a live example, as soon as the option to fix affinities was there, I used it (my toons were bugged as well). Before that we were using a simple spreadsheet and ready sets of ingredients which was a completely different method.

If this is the case then fixing your character and messing up the beverage affinities which you have found would be the only option.

Edited by Locath

Very cool tool! Many thanks. :)

Was wondering: can another exclusion be added for forage-only items (such as sassafras, nutmeg, and nettles)?

Locath - I made the test meal and it did not give ML it gave me Longsword which is what wurmfood says it should be for me.

[21:54:57] You think the insect meal might give you more of an insight about longsword!

4 hours ago, Locath said:

@Hannaliese: If you could prepare the following meal in plain oven as a test and check if it gives you ML?

chopped Corn
chopped Cucumber
chopped Lettuce
chopped Pea
chopped Rosemary
Ground Turmeric
Hazelnuts
minced Insect
Walnut

If it does then for skills which are generated incorrectly choose Alchemy in the skill from test meal dropdown (offset -20 from the real one which is pickaxe) and it should generate ML with required number of ingredients.

Generated a botanizing recipe on azure to test and that gave me body stamina instead. Input the ingredients into wurmfood to double check and also says it should be botanizing

[22:07:57] You think the fowl meal might give you more of an insight about body stamina!

Botanizing ingredients used:

chopped Belladonna
chopped Corn
chopped Garlic
chopped Parsley
chopped Sage
chopped Tomato
Ground Cumin
minced Fowl
Walnut

@Roccandil: unfortunately, no. There are already many combinations not possible without the nuts for long heavy meals and pizzas with the current set of ingredients.

@Hannaliese: This might be a bugged toon after all. Your call if you should click the "fix affinities" and hope your beverage affinities are useful after that.

11 hours ago, Locath said:

@Roccandil: unfortunately, no. There are already many combinations not possible without the nuts for long heavy meals and pizzas with the current set of ingredients.

Hmm. I've noticed that when generating 10-ingredient meals without nuts, I will eventually get one without nettles/nutmeg/sassafras, but it often takes quite a few regens. A button that would let me generate one without those ingredients (or nuts), or tell me that it's impossible, could save a lot of recipe regens. :)

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, Roccandil said:

Hmm. I've noticed that when generating 10-ingredient meals without nuts, I will eventually get one without nettles/nutmeg/sassafras, but it often takes quite a few regens. A button that would let me generate one without those ingredients (or nuts), or tell me that it's impossible, could save a lot of recipe regens. :)

I can find up to 15 ingredient pizzas without them also but it takes a ton of regens. Exclusion of those would be killer.

• Like 1

I also notice that the meal recipes don't seem to use cabbages, pumpkins, or double ingredients (2x chopped corn, for instance). Would any of that help?

5 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

I also notice that the meal recipes don't seem to use cabbages, pumpkins, or double ingredients (2x chopped corn, for instance). Would any of that help?

The problem with stuff like cabbage, pumpkins, and lettuce is their volume is so large you need starman to help measure it.  If you put them in frying pans they will quickly fill it up and block being able to add other items

Generated meal with "I have no nuts", and it gave the list:

name
Campfire
chopped Basil
chopped Belladonna
chopped Lovage
chopped Nettles
chopped Oregano
chopped Rosemary
chopped Thyme
Ground Turmeric
minced Pork

Took a pan, made a campfire, and I have this:

https://imgur.com/RkjmsNf

It doesn't make a meal, Lore: "have you tried to add an any oil? (25% of solids)"

To be fair, this combination doesn't have any veggie, so I guess it's correct that it can't make a meal. Is this a known issue?

Not a big thing, gonna generate another, I should have realized something isn't quite right :) 

@Anarres: Spot on, missing vegetable is the issue. While unlikely, it could happen as per the comment under the grids on the website:

Meal Generator:

Meals are much easier to make than pizzas. If you don't have a way to store foor long term, this saves time redoing a complicated recipe.
All meals contain meat. Vegetable is not forced so small chance exists that generator will try to make one without any vegetables but that would be extremely rare.       

I wonder what kind of dish would it produce if you added the oil? :-)

Added a small change, users who have the website open will have to reload it.

For pizzas you can now choose number of sausages to be used on top of set ingredients and additional ingredients. Those should give some insane affinity timers. @Pingpong requested that on someone's behalf and it was a simple enough change to implement in couple of minutes so it's there for your enjoyment (or to trigger maniacal attacks because they are a pain to make).

Also increased maximum number of ingredients but with high numbers, until I do the front end to toggle duplicate ingredients, some combinations may be impossible to make with the current set. Just lower number of additional ingredients if you can't get a result (or increase number of sausages, works even better).

• Like 2

Another quick update, enabled duplicate additional ingredients. This allows for pretty much any affinity with any number of ingredients. Remember that duplicate ingredients don't seem to add to the affinity timer so this might actually be a bad thing (bear meat + corn gives the same timer length as bear meat + 10 corn, or at least so it was at the beginning, I'm nowhere near the kitchen to check).

Someone please test and let me know what I broke.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Locath said:

Someone please test and let me know what I broke.

Trying to make meals without nuts, and now it wants nuts when clicking i have no nuts

• Like 1

@MrGARY: Thank you for pointing it out, fixed now.

• Like 2