Sign in to follow this  
Locath

Meal and Pizza generator

Hello,

I don't post much but people suggested to post about it here so here it comes.

I am in no way a webdev, I have no aesthetic sense, it's not pretty, it's functional to certain extent.

This is just a proof of concept, instead of messing around with ingredients and checksums, why not simply pick an affinity you want and have it presented to you in form of ingredients?

As some o you know, we have worked out the new cooking system around xmas last year. This was quite profitable for a while, then prices went down to a point where laziness takes over profit. Used a spreadsheet for most of that time but since there are other tools available, I made this. Instructions are on the website, just few bullet points.

• Does not work for bugged toons, no point since all toons can be fixed.
  • Only uses plain oven, too lazy to add a choice of rare/supreme More choices added.
  • Test meal is bear meat + corn, both whole (not chopped, not minced, not diced) in a pan in plain oven (non-rare etc.)
  • In top dropdown pick which affinity you got from the test meal, under that pick affinity you want to get from your meal.
  • Choose number of ingredients. Those are additional ingredients, on top of "forced" bits like meat+ at least one vege in meal or sausage in pizza. At some point I will add an option to exclude ingredients which user doesn't have so for example it won't use parsley if you don't have any and toggle it off.
  • For now, dragon meat, human meat, pumpkins and some other things I don't remember are switched off. Did not add that because I don't want to force players to create yet another account just to be able to save their ingredient sets. At some point i'll sit down and either add saving cookies locally or generate a 01 string which can be copy-pasted to text document and then back to the website to re-use the settings.
  • I am limiting the ingredients to only chopped because same type plain + chopped does jack all other than filling the pan
  • I suggest meals to people who don't have magic chest, easy and quick to make, with rubbish quality herbs and half-decent veggies you can get 6h+ affi on 20 ingredient meal
  • Pizzas are a bit of an overkill but if you have the time to use up 12h+ affi timer from one bite, go for it. magic chest is a must for those in my opinion as they take a while to make.
  • This was tested by dozens of people, I have been posting it in GL-Freedom, only one complaint but this is an odd one. Apparently one of the payers is affected by an odd bug where the test meal gives him one affi today but another one tomorrow. It bounces between the 2 affi depending on Wurm's mood. I have not pinpointed what can be wrong there yet but chances are that someone is messing with his head and swaps the test meals while he's offline Resolved, user error.
  • If you are missing some of the ingredients, you can generate another combination for the same affinity. If the generator times out, try again, changing number of additional ingredients helps as well.
  • Most important thing, especially to those who are new to Wurm or cooking in Wurm. If generator uses chopped ingredient, it must be chopped. I had people complaining that affinity doesn't match what they were looking for, after more investigating than it was worth, I asked for a screenshot of the pan contents before cooking them just to find out that they decided not to chop some or any of them. Missing one ingredient is another common problem. List is presented in alphabetical order, sort your FSB contents by name as well, makes it much easier.

This is hosted on the cheapest Microsoft Azure SQL server (5DTU) so it may be slow, especially if many people use it at the same time. Again, it's just a proof of concept, I might expand it and scale the server up but not too pushed about it.

Happy cooking!

http://wurm.azurewebsites.net/

Edited by Locath
  • Like 16

9 minutes ago, icbash said:

really should add fried and  roasted stuff add alot more to the timer

Not sure if u can add fried to pizza, only thing that works for me is chopped

@icbash I might do that but is there really any point in having that long timers? I consider my self lucky for being able to play 6h/day and meals are easily sufficient for that. Pizza with decent ql ingredients and 96HFC after 3rd bite (so 0.09kg) gave 1d7h affinity most of which I slept through. Granted, there are people who play 12h almost every day but at current setup 12h times are easily achieved from pizza. I will add roasted ingredients and a separate grid for that so people have a choice for some insane timers, thank you for suggesting it. I still feel that a lot of the affi timer is wasted while I sleep :-P

2 minutes ago, Kurson said:

Not sure if u can add fried to pizza, only thing that works for me is chopped

This will have to be tested, I'm still mad that I can't put mushrooms or olives on full house pizza so chances are that roasted won't make a valid pizza either.

thanks for making this public, people can save some money now :)

pizza.

"list":[

{"id":"any veg","pstate":"chopped"},

{"id":"any herb","pstate":"chopped"},

{"id":"any cheese"},

{"id":"any nut","cstate":"raw"},

{"id":"any meat"},

{"id":"any fish"},

{"id":"any spice","pstate":"ground"},

{"id":"bacon"},

{"id":"sausage"},

{"id":"fries"},

{"id":"pesto","ratio":100,"loss":0},

{"id":"haggis"}

(got told i steal the code may as well know.)

there is the list

you can add any amount of meat at any state. that's how ya add fired and roasted . 2 dif meats. i make 6 item pizzas with 3 hour timers. ez at 70 hot-food cooking. i got a lot of the timer math for must of the stuff  just need to write out the math for it. in spreadsheet and web-page. normally 3 to 4 hours is an-of for me i make my meals heavy because i got magic chest to keep food in

Edited by icbash
typo
  • Like 1

Spoiler

CpnOjZo.png

[11:31:35] The walnut will not fit in the frying pan.

I had to put a rune on the pan to fit the last ingredient, also might be worth changing cat to say feline

Other than that it works nicely, I'd like to thank you for actually making a generator that is idiot friendly :lol:

Can you please add oven rarity and forges? That's really the only thing preventing me from finally clicking that "Fix Cooking Affinities" button and using this tool to make a set of meals.

@icbash: Thanks for the list, I will add those at some point, when I add a way to eliminate ingredients on frontend.

@SmeJack: I turned the heavy veggies off but chance for a recipe which won't fit in non-runed pan still exists. Adding rune, generating new recipe or less ingredients fixes that. Meat name updated now.

@thorgot: I will add this tonight after work.

• Like 1

@thorgot: Added forges and ovens including rarity, please test.

(Test meal still has to be made in plain oven).

Edited by Locath
  • Like 1

Looks like my toon is borked, did the starter meal and got Paving affinity, so went for Beverages but ended up with Leatherworking on both the meal and the pizza, tried them twice. I did the Mealcheck and my char is not bugged (it used to be but I had selected the new cooking fix affinities option when it was released.)

Did the same test with my priest and he made the meal perfectly and ended up with the correct affinity.

9 hours ago, Locath said:

@thorgot: Added forges and ovens including rarity, please test.

(Test meal still has to be made in plain oven).

It worked! Thank you so much.

• Like 1

@Chulirac: Was the toon which got correct affinities (priest) first? I had that happen before to another user where he tried cooking for a bugged toon not realising it. Fixed his affinities and tried again, still didn't work, for some reason, when he chose new affi from test meal the browser (unsure which one is he using) didn't pass the new selection correctly. Reloading the website fixed it.

Please try in a new session and let me know if it's still the case. We'll get to the bottom of the issue and i'll put a fix in or we can talk in game and try to figure out what could cause it.

@Locath - Chulirac tried the web site first, my priest went second, without reloading the web page. I will verify I am still borked when I log on later today.

Would it be difficult for you to add teas to this? I have found with beverages skill teas are actually potentially quite good for affinity, instead of giving a single many hour affinity, you can fill a barrel with tea and have many many many short duration affinity gains, and of course barrels can be sealed to keep it from decaying for ever. Lots of combinations, you can use any herb, and sugar can be used multiple times in the recipe - in a cauldron that gives a lot of possibilities, and also milk, honey or maple syrup.

Updated with new method of generating the meals, left the old one in as well just in case I cocked something up. Please test (new method) buttons and let me know of any issues. This should be noticeably quicker now.

Edited by Locath

Using the new method I get the error: 

• There is already an object named 'tblChecksum2' in the database.

@lolmaster: Thanks, I will have to rethink this, rolled back to previous version. Please reload the website.

@lolmaster: updated again, please test. If it falls apart again, I will fix it tomorrow after work. Both methods are still available so if the new button doesn't work, the old one is still there. Again, reload of the website is necessary to see the new method buttons. Thank you for pointing the issue out.

I know for teas the spreadsheet version didn't have water included last i checked, although I think I calculated it to have a value of +6, unlike booze it shouldn't be hard to test though.

Edited by Korhaka