Sign in to follow this  
Locath

Meal and Pizza generator

On 2017-09-19 at 11:09 AM, Korhaka said:

Would it be difficult for you to add teas to this? I have found with beverages skill teas are actually potentially quite good for affinity, instead of giving a single many hour affinity, you can fill a barrel with tea and have many many many short duration affinity gains, and of course barrels can be sealed to keep it from decaying for ever. Lots of combinations, you can use any herb, and sugar can be used multiple times in the recipe - in a cauldron that gives a lot of possibilities, and also milk, honey or maple syrup.

On 2017-09-19 at 8:05 PM, Locath said:

@Korhaka: I can look into that over the weekend.

hows it going with tea? is it possible to add it?

I am a user of the meal generator, thank you for this awesome tool!

Could you add campfires to the list of ovens? 

@Ackemi: Done, please test

@FreddyKrueger: I didn't get a chance to look into that, was away from Wurm for a while. I will do some tests if all combinations are possible from tea at some point.

Really cool tool, thank you! 

Does this work for both the new and old schemes?  Or do I have to have ticked the new affinity calculation box in profile for this to work for me?

@Wonka: I don't know if your toon is bugged so unless you fix your affinities, it might or might not work. It will work for sure if you do fix them.

@Ackemi: Glad to hear that.

Edited by Locath

ok, but if my toon isn't bugged, will this still work for me if I'm still using the 'old' affinity system?  Or do I have to have switched to the 'new' calculation (which also presumably fixes bugged toons) for this to work for me?

I may just be confused, of course - my understanding is that there's the calculation that was used at launch, which left some people unable to get every affinity.  To correct this, an alternative system for working out affinities was offered, with the choice of whether to switch to it or stay with the old system (since a lot of people weren't bugged, and had spent a load of time working out good affinity combinations for themselves).  The switch from old system to new system is one time only - once you've switched to the new system (which will re-randomise all your affinities), you can't go back.  I'm still using the old system, since I haven't had a problem finding all the affinities I wanted so far.  I think there was a check thing going around a little while back, that said I wasn't bugged, but I may be remembering that wrong.

Essentially, can your tool work out affinities for me if I'm still using the old system (assuming I'm not bugged, if that helps), or do I have to have switched to the new system for it to work?

Couldn't you just try it out by yourself? I mean this will be your only option to be 100% sure, right?

I could, yes.  However, it seemed worthwhile to at least ask the author, as certainty (and possibly a bit more understanding of how things work) beats a load of trial and error any day.

@Wonka: unless you test it in game or via the link provided by Wulfmaer, I have no way of telling if your toon is bugged or not. It would be handy to have that showing in profile in game and it wouldn't be a big job to implement it I'm sure but it's not there at this point. I can help you checking in game if you /tell Kawopij

Can you add filet option?

I think its an 85 modifier.  Not 100% on that.

On 1/1/2018 at 1:22 PM, Ascorbic said:

Can you add filet option?

I think its an 85 modifier.  Not 100% on that.

fileting meat does not change its affinity value in my experience.  Have you observed this in action?

Love this, thank you for taking the time to make it and share it!

I must've tried several times before to figure out affinity meals for my toon, this is a huge time saver and so easy to use. My toon was bugged, too, now it's good to get rid of that.

Note: between many successful matches, I seemed to have made one meal in a rare oven that ended up with a different affinity than expected. I should double check that one, I'll come back if it is a real problem. It might have been just user error. :)

@Anarres: One thing on top of obvious human errors like not chopped or missed ingredient is the volume the pan or baking stone can hold. It happened to me that I had all my ingredients ready to go, in a backpack, moved them to the pan, meal done, wrong affinity... What I didn't notice was that one of the ingredients was left behind in the backpack because it didn't fit in the pan. Runed pan is a sort of solution for most cases and I have disabled pumpkins and other heavy ingredients to try to prevent overfilling the pan.

If I had exact volumes of the ingredients, I could do away with choosing the number of ingredients and always present the biggest, most complex combination for the affinity of user's choice which will fit in blank or runed dish, depending on which one user selects. I don't have those and I don't have the max volume of the dishes. Someone could probably get them from WU but there is no guarantee that they will be the same as in WO.

At the moment I am a bit busy at work and at home, only casually playing when I can. Once things calm down, I could just sit down and assign arbitrary volumes to everything based on trial and error and use those to generate best meals possible, affinity timer limited only by skill and ingredient quality but always longest possible.

All in all, 12h timers from Pizza are overkill enough in my opinion, stuffed my face silly once because I was far away from the altar and got something like day and a half of papyrus making affi, most of which I slept or worked through. I get it that there are people out there who play 20h at a time but if they are grinding the same thing all that time, it's not affinity generator they need, it's professional help :-P

If you are still having a problem with that meal or pizza, please post a list of the ingredients and what skill you got from the test meal so I can investigate. Screenshot of the ingredients in the pan might help as well (second pair of eyes).

Could the I have no nuts option be added to meals?  99% of meals want hazlenut, pinenut, walnut, or chestnut or a combination of so you can spend 5m+ cycling meals to get one without nuts

• Like 2

@MrGARY: Done, please test. Keep in mind that removing the nut from the recipe will reduce the affinity timer noticeably.

25 minutes ago, Locath said:

@MrGARY: Done, please test. Keep in mind that removing the nut from the recipe will reduce the affinity timer noticeably.

generated a bunch of meals, looks to work.  if its the same amount of ingredients, why would it reduce the timer?  shouldn't it increase by having more chopped items?

@MrGARRY: I don't know to be honest, we noticed that at the beginning, when new system was introduced so I rolled with that. Might have overlooked something like ingredient quality back then. I'll do some tests replacing one ingredient on a complicated meal with similar quality nut in second pan and see if this is the case or was it just something we assumed without taking other variables into consideration when we were making our first meals.

@MrGARY:

dy7efAI.png

Top meal came out with a bit higher quality but timers are comparable from both (54m20s with nut, 57 with chopped pumpkin) so you are right, nuts only increase number of possible combinations, making it easier to generate the affinity.