Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

Close

I am in Xanadu for months I have noticed that the trolls have gotten unusually stronger.  One hit and half my life is gone and I am. I have a level 70 FS  ,   Body Strength 25.25 Body Stamina 21.97 Long sword 49.9 Now I had leather studded armor 70QL....I was starting to be able to kill the younger trolls.. not even with steel plate armor of 70 QL that I wear now.. One hit from a troll nearly kills me..

This is not right....Please lessen their strength..  This may turn some noobs away.... as well... Any one else have had this experience.. ?

Edited by RavenLure

half your health in one hit? was this a face wound while wearing studded leather?

Just now, Yiraia said:

half your health in one hit? was this a face wound while wearing studded leather?

sadly, this was with steel plate armor.. but it was with my studded leather as well.. I have experienced it with both sets of armor

Just now, Orlaz said:

are you using a steel open helm?

LOL it is not and open helm... if you are going to do steel plate armor why go open helm... 

Heh, I noticed that as well! Not necessarily about the strength (hard to tell, they dont hit me hard enough to notice), but the fact that they hit much more and my (dragon scale) armor dosent glance off hits anymore (or barely ever)

In my last encounter, in the space of one minute, the troll hit me 8 times and not a single glance from my side - this being a regular, non conditioned troll

Also on Xanadu

Edited by Thorakkanath

Please don't overlook the Body Stamina attribute as that directly affects your overall maximum health, I believe.

please keep this to similar stories...  I do not need critiqued on my armor or stamina.. I want to show a theme of others having similar stories.. so the Devs can look into the matter

similar story I think?  I just battled a few trolls in studded, with similar weapon skill and fight skill levels.  2 trolls at once and I didn't lose much health at all.  There are times they hit just right and can do a big hit, but I've not noticed anything different lately.  Generally 80 QL armor, weapons and enchants, including LT.

pick up a shield and 1 hander, they will hit a lot less :P (normal fighting)

Edited by Beastwolf

You'll have to excuse my post, then.  The body stamina which you posted is what I'd consider low for fighting trolls in any non-drake leather based armour.  As stamina directly effects your overall max health, it's only natural I'd come to the conclusion that a well landed hit would lower your health a considerable amount.

That said, while yes they are tough for newer players, what about the older players that need some fun in the game.  Every game has leveled mobs, just think of trolls as a higher tier meant for older fighters.

Sorry for my post, carry on.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I went out looking for a troll to test out if anything changed. I found a venerable one, but i haven't seen anything different than any other day.

Make sure you are wearing the armor, such big hits usually only happen if you have none equiped. If it's not actually from a single shot, then you might just have a bad RNG day..

If you can consistently reproduce it, and all the gear is right, put in a /support ticket.

YES I HAVE ARMOR ON FCOL READ THAT I HAD STUDDED LEATHER AND STEEL PLAT ARMOR READ THE POST

READ READ READ AND PLEASE COMPREHEND BEFORE POSTING STUFF......

done with this thread 

no one listens I want similar stories... not asking if I am wearing armor of what kind of helm or stamia. I want similar stories for devs... 

done finished over and out laters.. 

You situation sounds more luck a bug than a suggestion. You simply shouldnt take 50 damage (50% of your health) from one hit when you are naked. my low body strength char would take 33 damage naked. With 70ql steel armor they would get like 15-20 damage per hit? Also, with 70ql studded leather you can get plenty of glances. Besides, even if you are naked, guard towers are available. if you can't handle the fight, its best you move on or have a guard tank it.

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Please don't overlook the Body Stamina attribute as that directly affects your overall maximum health, I believe.

body strength = health

troll strength hasn't changed at all.  50 dmg from one hit through 70ql plate and 25 body strength doesn't sound close to right at all.  have you checked combat logs to count how many times you really were hit

• Like 3

I killed an old troll while I had cloth armor (40ish ql) and I didn't lose 10% health.

Another day, wearing studded leather (60ish ql) and I had to run from crocodile because it was nearly killing me.

I think it's just our lovely WurmRNG here, nothing else.

I like that there are creatures out there you cannot just go and afk-solo kill. 

I just dont belive the OP, I think he is exagerating or he didnt check the log to see how many hits it took.  The RNG sometimes is against the player, but the OP has already dismissed every possible scneario where that damage was possible.

1 hour ago, Shmeric said:

I killed an old troll while I had cloth armor (40ish ql) and I didn't lose 10% health.

Another day, wearing studded leather (60ish ql) and I had to run from crocodile because it was nearly killing me.

I think it's just our lovely WurmRNG here, nothing else.

I like that there are creatures out there you cannot just go and afk-solo kill. 

crocs cause either slash or pierce damage, and trolls do maul damage. cloth and studded have good glance rates against maul damage and studded is complete poop against slash and pierce last i remember.

14 hours ago, MrGARY said:

body strength = health

troll strength hasn't changed at all.  50 dmg from one hit through 70ql plate and 25 body strength doesn't sound close to right at all.  have you checked combat logs to count how many times you really were hit

whoops, but in my defense her str was near same as stam so... point stands.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Possible that a second mob was attacking at the same time. Logs needed for more science.

Wurmpedia says a troll can do over 50 dmg in 1 hit.  I know when I was a completely new character a couple years ago wearing maybe 50 QL chain, I would get hit pretty close to 40 dmg (sometimes) in one hit by a troll.  Combine this with a possible "face-hit" as Yiraia first mentioned and you can definitely have very "unlucky" troll encounters. 

That said, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread talking about troll-killing, except maybe RavenLure, is using Life Transfer.  You really CAN'T compare a troll fight, or any fight, having life transfer with another fight without it.  I've got 70 FS with 56 two-handed weapon skill and at least 10 more Body Strength than the OP and if I use only 70 QL non-enchanted chain + weapon I really can't be sure I'm going to win in a fight with a venerable troll without fleeing and bandaging. 

So yeah, they're tough, but they've always been tough.  More than that they're unpredictable.  Have a backup plan unless you're geared to do 10 phenomenal rifts in a row without dying.