Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Raising, then lowering skills - x3 now stuck on it

So I went GM mode, Skills -> learn and raised a skill to 99.  Then after my test, I lowered it back to what it was.  Unfortunately it now has the x3 multiplier, like when you get skill loss from death.  How do I get rid of the x3 multiplier?

Thank you!

just giving a little bump.  Anyone else experience this? Is it just something silly I am missing, or is there no way to remove the x3 multiplier?

So I did this with players to confirm.

If you change a new player to 25 mind logic for example, then set them back to your default 19-21 whatever you normally do they will keep x3 until they reach 25.

In your case you will have 3x until you get your original according to you setting it. Your example is 99.

Adding to this since it's a separate comment.

On a gm this doesn't matter but on a player it obviously does.  To fix this issue if it's unintended is have a power level check assigned to this 3x regain, i.e do not let it work on players with power level 0. 

Edited by Brew

I didn't look but you might be able to edit that in the database file for players. Might look for something like max skill or something to edit to what you want. Hope it helps get you in the right direction at least

• Like 2

what program should I use to go in and edit it?  Assuming note and wordpad aren't going to cut it? ty for the suggestion. 

Pretty easy to fix:

Install: http://sqlitebrowser.org/ 

Backup the wurmplayers.db in your map directory.

Then open the wurmplayers.db in your map directory (not the backup).

When you are in the DBBrowser go to the "run SQL" tab and enter the following statement:

update skills set minvalue = value where minvalue > value;

Press write modifications and close the database.

Start the server and you will see that no skill is showing x3.

This will fix things for you.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 3

Thank you Sklo. I was going to look into it when I had some free time but you beat me to it :P

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

Won't that wipe out any genuine x3 multipliers (e.g. from a death) as well?

Thank you SOOOO much for the tutorial!  I've been avoiding using those skills to keep in balance.  Note to self... run experiments on test alts in the future!

5 hours ago, Wonka said:

Won't that wipe out any genuine x3 multipliers (e.g. from a death) as well?

Yes, but Wurmhole was looking for a way to wipe back the minlevel of the skills. It is a one time thing so next time you loose skill on death things will work like before with the x3 multiplier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

Thank you SOOOO much for the tutorial!  I've been avoiding using those skills to keep in balance.  Note to self... run experiments on test alts in the future!

No problem, since the developers seem to be unable to handle all questions I have decided to give advanced support here on the forum during the time I am planning the new server release we are doing on Sklotopolis.

Edited by Sklo:D

thanks sklo will save this if need to fix someone later, appreciate the sharing.