Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Cannot Drive Cart Over Top of Left/Right Staircase

I cannot drive a cart over the tops of my left/right staircases. I assume because you can drive over ladder tiles that have gaping holes in the middle of the floor, this shouldn't be a problem.

gw4nQI7.jpg

May or may not be a bug, but I think it's an unintended feature. :D

Also, I can't resolve this is any other way, except a tunnel which I will reluctantly do if I have to..... (or another bridge that switches back down, but I don't want that).

And I don't want ladders, because these staircases are much nicer to the eye.

lGyrb6e.jpg

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

I would love for this to change, but I was just assuming it was intended, since carts are wider than the walk-able surface.  Maybe they could make the staircase a little narrower?

On 9/10/2017 at 4:20 PM, Wurmhole said:

I would love for this to change, but I was just assuming it was intended, since carts are wider than the walk-able surface.  Maybe they could make the staircase a little narrower?

Can't ride horses over them either, and those are not wide at all :)

I really wanted to replace a few ladders with stairs, but because of the room being a 1x wide longhouse it would be a bad idea for carts, you can drag them and walk past, but you can not drive them, same problem if you tried to place an item on that floor tile, it will just fall through which is annoying as well.

The entire tile is considered an opening when it comes to carts/horses/wagons, maybe it is the mechanic that prevents you from driving a cart up the stairs in the first place, maybe this should be changed so you can drive up and down. ^_^

At the very least I would like those left/right stair cases changed so only half the tile is affected and the other half can be used for travel and placing items on.

Edited by JakeRivers