Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

House Cat

It would be great if we could get a new breed of cat, a non-aggressive one - we could call it house cat instead of wild cat. Maybe one of those white fluffy ones :) They can help themselves to meat or fish in unlocked fsbs like real house cats do, jumping on counters and snacking, etc. That means they can be kept in a house and as long as you have food in your fsb you don't need to worry about dropping meat for it, which would make it a very attractive pet.

• Like 10

+1  Might be a fun use for the decorative birdcage, to lure them from the wilds!

• Like 1

+1! and also add a furniture item that acts like a medieval form of a catbasket (furs in a low basket or something.)

• Like 1

this is already in the game, my cat is fluffy and is conditioned, non-aggressive and requires no feeding see how he is curled up by the fire, I should maybe move those fireworks though

C6R1zp8.jpg

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

they should just make wild cats non aggressive

they pretty much already are, I have to chase them down constantly with my taming axe

• Like 1

Make getting Domestic Cats a random chance of breeding wild cats, like black sheep.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darmalus said:

Make getting Domestic Cats a random chance of breeding wild cats, like black sheep.

Oooh, definitely! I foresee an upturn in the cat market, with server crossing animals SOON(tm).

• Like 1

Yes please I would like a little companion to keep me company during those foggy nights. I tried keeping a wild cat for a while but kept having to retame before it claws at me. At least dogs are passive.

15 hours ago, Darmalus said:

big +1 to this.. and why not for all tamable animals ?.. have a chance for them to become domestic.. a very very small chance.. but one that we can aspire to get to :)

Make taming great again

Edited by faty

1 hour ago, faty said:

.. and why not for all tamable animals ?.. have a chance for them to become domestic.. a very very small chance.. but one that we can aspire to get to :)

This would be amazing! Especially for the animals that spawn with conditions, then you could make it a goal to get all the conditions in domestic as well. Champion and greenish domestic cats, bears, wolves, etc. :D 

This would indeed be a nice feature to apply to all tameable creatures. (As much as I would love to torture some trolls and force them to make me an obedient one........ ;)) Not just cats though, they're just the first one that comes to mind since they're a creature that's default-aggressive but is more often thought of as a pet.

Breeding any type of tameable creature has a chance to yield offspring that are considered domestic and therefore non-aggressive unless provoked. Not hard to make such a percentage-chance configurable either.

Happy medium between having to create entirely new creatures, or even affecting existing setups of servers at all.

+1

Could also maybe be a result of high enough taming for a long enough period of time --> cat becomes domesticated and no longer needs taming.

There should also be a minute chance that you are dead upon logging in, killed in your sleep by your domesticated cat, just for the sake of reality.

+1

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:43 AM, JakeRivers said:

this is already in the game, my cat is fluffy and is conditioned, non-aggressive and requires no feeding see how he is curled up by the fire, I should maybe move those fireworks though

C6R1zp8.jpg

Is that a chalk line around that cat like at homicides? ;) 

+1 when that fog sets in you cant see jack, so having a kitteh companion would be awesome, and being able to pat him or her and hearing them purr would be even better

• Like 1

I kept a Mountain Lion in my house as a suprise for awhile, moved it to the breeding pens and about 2 minutes later it untamed.  Eventually it would be nice to have a domesticated version.  It now lives next to the bear we are eventually going to start breeding, so that we can have 4 tamed bears pulling a wagon for fighting the more dangerous creatures.