Sign in to follow this  
psisimian

This is a request for all of us Wurmians to send a prayer to the south..

Thius is a request to send prayers south to all the people whos lives have been affected by the hurricanes stampeding through the south.. I know I alone have 5 Wurm friends who I have not heard from who are in the path of these devastating weather patterns and want to just say we are here for you and I will do whatever I can up here in Canada to ease your burdens.. with prayers and donations and what have you.. in your time of need please reach out as we hear you.. and please be somewhere safe tonight when the hurricanes touch done in the states where my friends are from and my prayers go out to the recovery of other places that have already been hit.. this is serious stuff people.. and I wish I could do more.. "10", "BS" , "RG", "M" I luv ya all and godspeed.. 

I'll skip prayers since I'm a swede,

but I have had my wurmian friends across the pond to the west in my mind this weekend,

specially my favourite WU god who lives in Key West, but also several others that I care about and who are in Florida.

Best of luck and prayers to all those who were foolish enough to stay and not evacuate.  Those returning after the storm, I wish you luck rebuilding your home and life.

On 9/10/2017 at 1:33 PM, Niki said:

Best of luck and prayers to all those who were foolish enough to stay and not evacuate.  Those returning after the storm, I wish you luck rebuilding your home and life.

I wouldn't exactly say it's foolish unless you live by the water or you're otherwise told to evacuate.  We Floridians know when it's time to pack up and leave for a few days, and when it is not.  Personally, I didn't evacuate either, in part because my fairly recently built house has hurricane shutters and was built to exceed the Miami building codes of the time, when local building codes weren't nearly as robust.  All I had was a few shingles missing from the roof and no power for a few days.  Likewise, there's no way that the people hit by Harvey could have expected it to linger in the same area for so many days.  Hurricanes usually move around and don't have time to build up so much floodwater in one area.  

• Like 1