Sign in to follow this  
Sklo:D

Cluster Setup - Servers not communicating by default

I am currently testing a setup with 4 servers. I added each server to the Table Servers in wurmlogin.db of every server.

But the servers are only communicating with the Login Server by default, I need to connect them via the directions NORTH, SOUTH,... before they communicate with non-loginservers. The problem is that some functions like plot course need the server to be communicating with eachother before the feature works and I don't want to connect every server via the map edges and obviously I only have 4 map edges.

com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry.isConnected() returns false as long as the servers aren't connected via the map edges. So what I need is the ServerPingCommand class to always ping any known server for it's availability. I know in WurmOnline this works just fine as we can travel from Celebration to Release in one jump, so the server do ping each other. I am pretty sure I am missing a small hidden setting somewhere, maybe a DEV has a good tip about how this could work for me.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I've wondering about this myself for some time. I did some cluster experiments a while ago to plan out how I would roll each server out and was a  little puzzled.

You can snake them together and plot cour works. My login server is connected to my pve server via a border but not my pvp server. PVP server is connected to one edge of my pve server. They all communicate that way. You can plot couse from and to any of them. 

I believe if there is a connection to at least one server you should be good. 

Edited by Jerone0601

5 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

You can snake them together and plot cour works. My login server is connected to my pve server via a border but not my pvp server. PVP server is connected to one edge of my pve server. They all communicate that way. You can plot couse from and to any of them. 

I believe if there is a connection to at least one server you should be good. 

Yeah but what if you have a setup like WO. You can travel from celebration to release in one jump via plotcourse, but the servers aren't connected.