header.png

Reflections - Shmeric

Another week down, and despite that pesky dev team stealing some of my thunder with releasing unteased works, the latest update is out! 
Sure, it's old news, but we'll touch on these new containers and a little on the enchant fix too, but first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Additions and changes

• A new rack can be crafted for the storage of empty Bulk Storage Bins.
    • This rack can hold 30 empty bulk storage bins.
  • You now have the ability to build high fences in arched walls.
  • A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage  bins inside which can be filled.
    • These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.
  • Planting catseyes off deed becomes faster as your paving skill increases.
  • Blessed lamps on highways will no longer decay.
  • We have disabled giving out the Key to the Heavens until the full Epic/Valrei update is complete.
  • Enchant decay on tools when using them has been changed to a more linear system.
    • Previously, every five seconds of an action had a chance to reduce the enchant by 1.
    • With the new system the chance will only occur once per action, and be based on the length of the timer.

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix:  Fix for error being thrown when attempting to level a ceiling if the floor below it was not level.
  • Bugfix:  Crates in a crate rack on deed with more than 30 days upkeep will not decay.
  • Bugfix:  Small chests can no longer be mailed if locked.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed some spelling and text errors.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.
  • Bugfix: Warmachines should no longer function between world layers.
  • Bugfix: Mask of Rebirth has been removed from the Missions items list.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.

4.0.8 Client Changes

• Dyed object colours will now correctly display with GLSL shaders disabled.
  • Client resolution and fullscreen mode can now be changed again while in-game.
  • Water reflections will no longer appear above the water.
  • Distant trees will now have the correct texture in winter.
  • Another issue causing duplicated players and objects has been addressed.

Bulk Container Unit
The bulk container unit is the next level in bsb technology (I did want to name it the bsb 2000). This unit not only has the capacity of 4 bsbs, but also has them as shelves inside, meaning you can store and sort based on any attribute you desire.

bcu.png
This functionality does come at a price though, not only does it take 4 finished bulk storage bins to build, it also requires a minimum of 50 fine carpentry. It's also quite difficult to build, so get those parts high quality before you try!

Rack for empty bsb
The rack for empty bsb's also comes in with this update. With all the new racks and containers, many bsb's are left lying around, unfilled and unloved. We can't help much with the unloved, but we can provide a save place to store them without cluttering up the place (and also improving performance by not having to render them all!).

reb.png

The rack for empty bsbs' is easier to make than its bulk container unit partner, and will happily hold up to 30 bsbs until you need to use them.

Enchant decay changes
Along with this update comes a few changes to how enchant power decays, and we'll go into them here.
Previously, every 5 seconds of an action an enchant had a small chance of lowering by 1, this meant that if you were extremely unlucky, you could lose more than 1 point per action. 
This new system gives one chance per action, with the length of the timer determining the chance.
This change also reduces chances of enchants being lost on actions under 10 seconds, in some cases enchants are up to 30% less likely to go down than before.
This of course stacks with enchant power affecting it, with a 100 enchant being half as likely to lose a power, and rarity, with rare being five times less likely, supreme being ten times less likely, and fantastic fifteen times less likely.

we'll be tweaking this slightly with leveling actions on dirt, but Enchants don't affect leveling anyways, so don't use your enchanted tools! 

Tapestry reveal
Of course, the fanart tapestries had three very deserving winners, and Saroman has been hard at work adding them into the game. I managed to score a sneak peak, and reveal the ingame versions of these winners, so without further adieu

tapestry.png
I think they all look fantastic, and have three tapestry stands waiting to build each one, which will you build first?

Animal cages
I've seen a few requests for an update on animal cages, so I figured I'd touch a little on them to keep you in the loop. They're currently still in the works, with the intricacies of crossing servers and not having them needing to be put back together by Enki and a pot of glue.

On the bright side, Enki has developed an eight legged horse that we think could win the Kentucky derby, but there's currently no ETA on their addition to the game (the cages, not the eight legged horses). When we get closer to their release we'll do a complete showcase and go into detail about how it all works.

Community Content

This weeks community content is the unlucky burglar! The unlucky burglar is a small inn located in celebration, right on the edge of hunting grouns and other ammenities. If you're in the area, or want to visit Celebration and see what it has to offer, make sure to book a room!

That's it from us this week, I know you're all busy building those bulk containers and eager to find out more about what the new skill is and what's coming to wurm next. You'll just have to wait and see! Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 17

The tapestries are looking great, can't wait for them to be added to the game (and wouldn't mind the forest one for my living room RL too...)!

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

On the bright side, Enki has developed an eight legged horse

I am also more than willing to risk my own life and test this 8 legged horse as long as it gives (at least) double the speed. Please drop it off at my deed...

• Like 1

Bulk storage bins although a nice addition do not alleviate the rendering of dozens of full bsbs which are sitting around my warehouses. With the limited capacity of 4 internal bsb's, no ability to drag and drop full bsb's into these racks and the huge size of the bsb racks themselves really don't save on floor space.

before

gPJrzZX.jpg

after

o95ZwKr.jpg

shop is still cluttered, but one plus is I can access the lumps from the 2 racks without moving away from the forge

• Like 3

With dominate and a bit of body control you already can find plenty of 8 legged steeds around your place Kasumi :)

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Aw! yay for Angelklaine's Inn!! :D Good reason to visit Cele. And those tapestries look awesome.

*sighs* now I have to allow Kristof to remodel the deed. You guys are killing me.

• Like 1

I wish, (Wishing hard) that the bsb units would have 6-8 internal shelves. I was using 4 per tile, so this makes it look neater but doesn't really store more per tile in a appealing way.

In the words of a famous leader.

"Make it so."

• Like 14

man those tapestries would look nicer if they were namekat art

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I wish, (Wishing hard) that the bsb units would have 6-8 internal shelves. I was using 4 per tile, so this makes it look neater but doesn't really store more per tile in a appealing way.

In the words of a famous leader.

"Make it so."

Yes.  For my workshop metallurgy BSBs, they tuck neatly under forges with just their bags peeking out.  The new racks actually use up a lot more space.  Only really good for a warehouse look.

Yay for Angelklaine ? good friend of mine.  I decorated the bar area of the Inn, made all the furniture and everything ? good to see it featured! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jaz said:

With dominate and a bit of body control you already can find plenty of 8 legged steeds around your place Kasumi :)

lol, good point!!  They are a bit too slow for my taste tho, let me know if you breed a 5 speed one and I'll take it for a spin :P 

Tell me more about the 8 legged horse! Is this a rideable spider? I hope that means we'll be able to tame / dominate spiders soon?

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Tapestry reveal
Of course, the fanart tapestries had three very deserving winners, and Saroman has been hard at work adding them into the game. I managed to score a sneak peak, and reveal the ingame versions of these winners, so without further adieu

tapestry.png
I think they all look fantastic, and have three tapestry stands waiting to build each one, which will you build first?

So excited for these!

Will look especially nice with a few herb pottery planters scattered about. 

So -- when is the rug design competition...??

@Attenia- my bad news the eight legged friends are the scorps. And they are sloooow to ride.

45 minutes ago, Jaz said:

@Attenia- my bad news the eight legged friends are the scorps. And they are sloooow to ride.

I know about dominating and riding scorps, but the fact that 8 legged mounts are in the news implies something new, and scorps have been rideable for ages. Spiders can't be dominated, though, and they're the only other 8 legged creatures in the game, as far as I know? Hopefully that'll change soon :) What else could the 8 legged comment mean? Possibly faster horses?

you know enki was most likely drunk at the time, could be 8 legged anything, like a modified sheep

• Like 1

Ah, some new magic news...

Enchant decay mechanic modified to decay less rapidly.

Oh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Attenia said:

What else could the 8 legged comment mean? Possibly faster horses?

It means Enki was having some fun with animal parts and glue!

• Like 2

Once Irma goes elsewhere, I'll see if I can do the finishing touches on my Inn. The idea is so people can use it without needing any input, with the option of temporary long term stays for those who want something more private. Feel free to pay a visit, but keep in mind is not fully finished :D

21 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Bulk Container Unit
The bulk container unit is the next level in bsb technology (I did want to name it the bsb 2000). This unit not only has the capacity of 4 bsbs, but also has them as shelves inside, meaning you can store and sort based on any attribute you desire.

I did build 3 of these units for my Smithing building and found them to be a very nice way to localize and organize 12 bulk bins into a more visually appealing configuration. Not too much time consuming work to drag all the lumps from the old bins into these. I am kind of hesitating to make these for my rock storage and brickmaking building since dragging 860something rock shards from one into the next is a lot more time involved. In the end the building will look a lot better and be more functional so I may eventually get around to it. A nice feature added to the game, for sure.

=Ayes=

21 hours ago, Retrograde said:

and be based on the length of the timer.

That sucks. Figured that out flat raising. Can't wait to try my 98coc 3ql pick on a vein.