Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

Enchantments degrading Really fast?

Anyone else having enchants decay very rapidly? I had a 101 woa cast on a shovel last week and it is now 96 already. The new "changes" seemed to have borked the enchantment decay to the extreme end. I hope this decision was thought out and intended , unlike the mine collapse changes that got reversed.

What are you doing with the shovel? 

are you reporting it having lost 5 enchant in the last 12 hours? 

14 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

What are you doing with the shovel? 

are you reporting it having lost 5 enchant in the last 12 hours? 

people not only grind (shovel is really good for wood cutting) also get lots of resources with them even over thousands in few days

I had a 101 woa cast on a shovel last week . not 12 hrs . a weeks worth of use digging dirt.

The change went in 12 hours ago, and depending on the timer length is actually less likely to reduce power

under 10 second actions are less likely to reduce power than before, above 10 seconds is the exact same chance as before

My timers are long when leveling dirt, just never saw 5 points of enchantment come off in many months let alone a single week. Not much I can do but thanks for the reply.

I'd avoid using a woa shovel when levelling as well, since it doesnt change the timer, but will lose enchant either way (also this change means only 1 chance of losing power, vs 1 chance every 5 seconds of the actions

• Like 1

Prior to the change, my experience was that leveling was almost a sure thing to drop your enchants like a rock, but as Retro says, no reason to use an enchanted shovel.  I learned that the hard way as well.  Hopefully it is better now, sounds like that is the intent.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I'd avoid using a woa shovel when levelling as well, since it doesnt change the timer, but will lose enchant either way (also this change means only 1 chance of losing power, vs 1 chance every 5 seconds of the actions

As a side note, is there a reason why WoA doesn't effect leveling timers? 

Well, I'm grinding stone cutting at the moment and my stone chisel went from 89CoC when I bought it to:

[12:10:58] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [72]

I would say in 2 weeks, but actually I'm fine with it. I just wished there would be something to do with 70+ casts, since nobody is really buying them anymore. Maybe add enchants to base price so I could reuse the favor on my priest?

I will grind some more today and will give you exact numbers how fast CoC is coming down.

Edit:

I'm also grinding pottery on other toon, 1-28 pottery, without sleep bonus with low ql, 90+CoC tools:

Spatula 90 -> 90

Shaper  90 -> 90

Water    94 -> 94

Clay      93 -> 92

Not so bad.

Edited by archer

Ok it has been 1 1/2 months and my shovel lost 5 points of ql, and over 30 points of coc and 13 points of woa. Since the top enchants have been scrubbed I am still using it as a normal shovel, i have better ones I use for important stuff, just imo, not good.

The change reduced enchant loss on actions under 10 seconds, and on actions above 10 seconds equaled what it was before. The only difference is actions under 5 seconds now counting towards losing enchants.

Were you doing under 5 second actions the entire time? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The change reduced enchant loss on actions under 10 seconds, and on actions above 10 seconds equaled what it was before. The only difference is actions under 5 seconds now counting towards losing enchants.

Were you doing under 5 second actions the entire time? 

How does that translate to leveling? 

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

How does that translate to leveling? 

After first bugfix, only actually used part of the timer is used for calculations (that happen at the end of the action or when it is cancelled, depending on what comes first).

In case of leveling, this means single check when you run out of stamina, cancel action manually or leveling ends.

Hrm so it should be generous on casts. I'll pay more attention to my pickaxe then and see if its consistent. Although to be honest, I've been lucky with my cast degradation.

update, today all 23 of the remaining coc is gone off the shovel and the woa dropped 5 points today down to 78 -  from 101 when I started keeping track. 

I am going to put forth a guess, maybe the client does a enchantment degredation check everytime it puts a dirt pile in my inventory and over the timer length that would be say 70ish possible ticks to the enchantment dropping off so fast? I knwo it is stated it is only supposed to check once at the end of the stamina/ action, but that clearly is not what is happening with leveling. Flattening on the other hand does zero damage to the enchant, I used the same shovel for hours doing large amounts of flattening and it did not drop one point of enchantment. I did drop 5 points of woa today alone while leveling.  Flattening does not normally give dirt so it would be one long action vs the leveling. Thoughts?

around 73, i started taking notice after it started to drop and i renamed it as it went down but forgot the starting coc, the woa was easy because it was a good cast. The ql of the shovel started at 92 and is now 81.

well shovel ql going down only reflects your repair skill

it is the enchants going down which is more interesting

Longer actions increase the chances at the end of the action, vs the same chance every 5 seconds, it has zero to do with any time dirt is placed in your inventory (which is what the old system would have matched coincidentally), this actually makes it 1 chance per action timer, vs 1 chance every 5 seconds (meaning 12 chances every minute) 

Also, woa does not affect levelling or flattening, and skillgain from both is reduced, so I'm not entirely sure why you would choose to use an enchanted shovel for these actions, given they serve little to no benefit, and also mean long timers with higher chances of decay per action

• Like 2

basic code from what I remember/ understand:

Greater chance as Retro has been saying over and over for enchant to drop power if timer is over 5 seconds. 

When you put an enchant on any item for ex. CoC, it checks the enchant first and for ex. if the enchant is on a shovel, you will get more skill in digging and shovel FIRST before body stats, meaning body stuff will be less. 

If you don't care about digging/ shovel skill, and want body stats: DON'T use a coc/woa shovel. use a low quality one: and you will get higher body skills first, then give you digging/ shovel skills.

This game uses a random number generator to achieve all of this, if you see a bunch of woa coming off, then it is rolling for you to get that loss, and you just might be unlucky, when I grinded digging once, I had a high CoC shovel, and dropped the cast from 90 to 60 in a few days, but that was thousands and thousands of actions. Just pray to the RNG gods that you might fair better.