Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Preparing a Rock Tile for Pavement

Since we have this fancy new preparing mechanic for paving bridges and cave floors, I think it would be wonderful to be able to prepare rock tiles so that you could pave them.

It would come in handy to pave roads without having to drop dirt, and make things look ugly alongside a mountain, especially now that the work around with planting and chopping a tree down was fixed. :) 

Mortar on Rock = Prepared Rock Tile

Prepared Rock Tile + Pavement = Paved Tile

To remove, use crowbar (or pickaxe), and pry/destroy the pavement + mortar underlaying.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 14

+1. This makes me want to write out my proposal for retaining walls since it has a similar mechanic.

I just thought of a way that my retaining wall proposal would give us functional basements. Damnit I need to get off work sooner!!!!

what kind of limitations, if any, would you place on this?

Maybe require the slope of the paved tile to be passable?

Or same restrictions as dropping dirt without it sliding down the mountain?

Like the idea, and maybe mountains entirely paved over would look cool, dunno, just curious as I think entire mountains paved over are just as likely to not look so cool -_-

+/- 1. 

+1.

I would also like to see the ability to prepare a building's walls. I shouldn't have to scrap (and redo) an entire building just because Wurm implements a few new walls to the game. Give me the functionality to spread mortar over an existing building wall to "resurface" it. 

+1. agreed making a mountain road (or even highway) is a pain with the dirt.. + trying to keep the all rock look on a 1 tile road... not really doable :S

Great suggestion! Now with the ability to pave mine floors and bridges, this same type of system would seem to be ideal for paving rock surfaces as well. I am making a mountain deed in WU and keeping all the surface outside of the walls as rock, so this system would be helpful in instances such as this when some lines of pavement are desirable.

=Ayes=