Sign in to follow this  
rosedragon

Making proper dock?

Hi,

I come back to the game before the new permissions system and thus not sure I know the new stuffs around it. I have a coastal deed and would like to make a proper dock for it and do not wish to experiments much. Anyone can give me tips of how to make a dock that conveniently allow not just docking ships (in which I beleive, should be on deed), but also easy trades including with strangers? (load/unload crates and such)

• Like 1

this is over a month old .. does nobody have the answer for this avid supoporter of our game// I can't think of a sure fire way as  I don't have extensive knowledge of the deed system but I would put a ship in your deeded docks that only your traders has unload/load access to and leave it there for people to pickup and drop off.. seems logical in practice I don't know though there may be a better solution by somebody else.. but id start with that and just be careful not to leave anything lying around the ship too long.. and its only a one time expenditure of 7s 

Edited by psisimian

On 9/7/2017 at 7:45 PM, rosedragon said:

Hi,

I come back to the game before the new permissions system and thus not sure I know the new stuffs around it. I have a coastal deed and would like to make a proper dock for it and do not wish to experiments much. Anyone can give me tips of how to make a dock that conveniently allow not just docking ships (in which I beleive, should be on deed), but also easy trades including with strangers? (load/unload crates and such)

Hi, Rose! Welcome back!

Load and unload are now tied into the deed permission settings. Ships can dock anywhere (including someone's deed), but if on deed, that deed will have to allow non citizens the right to load and unload.

If it were me making the dock, I would extend the dock 2 tiles or so past the deed tiles and into the perimeter tiles. That way, any stranger that wants to dock and load/unload can do so without me having to jeopardize deed security by changing the settings to allow anyone to load and unload on my actual deed.