Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Allow us to rename individual BSBs (shelves) inside the new bulk container unit.

They can be renamed. Or are you referring to removing everything but the name choice? 

They can be renamed, i've done it numerous times today. Possibly you're experiencing a bug?

Let me try relogging and see if that fixes it. I thought it seemed like an odd oversight / choice.

EDIT: Relogging did not fix the first unit, but the second unit is fixed.

Edited by Delacroix

Pick up the bulk storage unit, drop it on the ground and you will be able to rename the shelves individually.

Same mechanics applies for large storage units.

5 hours ago, Evening said:

Pick up the bulk storage unit, drop it on the ground and you will be able to rename the shelves individually.

Got the same bug. I can rename shelves in one bulk storage unit and cannot in another. Both were created by me so there should be no need to pick it up and drop.

I must empty one to check this...

11 hours ago, Evening said:

Can confirm this works; Nadroj suggested the same thing to me last night when we were troubleshooting and I forgot to update the thread.

The issue is with how the game code dictates the ownership of an item. An item can only be renamed if you are its "owner" and in this case the code considers the owner to be the last person to have it in inventory (unloading from a vehicle does this too). When you create an item the code was designed to make sure to make it owned by you without needing to be picked up, but that code was written without this rather new idea of creating things that have internal shelves/storage in mind. So when you create these items the outer shell is owned by you but the shelves have no owner until picked up.

• Like 1

Renaming should be allowed for anyone who has permission to pick the item up. There should be no reason for me to have to pick it up and drop it so that I may rename it.

5 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Renaming should be allowed for anyone who has permission to pick the item up. There should be no reason for me to have to pick it up and drop it so that I may rename it.

What about items you can't pick up, like crates? Loading permission? What about items that can't be loaded, like mailboxes?