Sign in to follow this  
Moxie

Boat and Cart Parking

Getting tired of seeing carts, wagons, and boats left haphazardly around coastal areas, or even on-deed? 

For Carts/Wagons: create a new item or type of tile that can be placed by a deed owner. Drivers of carts can right-click it, select "Park", and the cart will be moved into that area nice and neat and straight, similar to what happens when you hitch horses to carts. 

For Boats: Create an item (Dock Cleat maybe?) that deed owners can place on tile edges next to water. Boat drivers can right-click the cleat and select "Moor", and the boat will park next to the shore nice and neat (not up on the dock or crashed into shoreline).

Deed owners can have settings that specify whether citizens, alliance members, and non-citizens can moor boats on-deed without using the cleats, essentially making deeded areas possibly private docks (but totally up to the deed owner).

You could even get crazy and assign cleats/spots to specific people - reserved parking! ;)

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 8

A Mooring post for ships which would align them would be really cool.

• Like 1

+1 as long as it's an optional thing! I've spent my whole life carefully parallel parking in teeny spots, I reserve the right to park my boats like a lunatic in Wurm. :D